We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Air Ballooning Advice

Chicago
4 posts
Save Topic
Hot Air Ballooning Advice

We are visiting the area in early July - going to Mesa Verde, Grand Canyon and 2 days in Phoenix (traveling in and out of Sky Harbor). Thought about a hot air balloon trip as we have a 16 year old teen and it could be "cool". Is it??? And is there a specific company or location you recommend over others? Do they only leave at dawn due to the heat? How do they handle cancellations due to weather? THANK YOU!

Mentioned in this post
Mesa
Mesa
Central Arizona, AZ
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Air Ballooning Advice

I rarely see balloons here in July, even in the early morning (I often pass one of the locations where a lot of them launch), but that doesn't mean they don't offer flights. Yes, it would be a pre-dawn flight, which means you'd be getting up extremely early, maybe 4 AM? Yes, it's a lot of fun, but personally, I would choose a flight outside of Phoenix in July, preferably in Sedona, or perhaps the Grand Canyon (assuming you're spending more than one night there). The Sedona terrain is just more spectacular that Phoenix, IMHO. You might try Red Rock Balloons if you go in Sedona.

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Red Rock Balloons
Red Rock Balloons
580 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Chicago
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Air Ballooning Advice

Thank you! I welcome other advice on hot air ballooning in Sedona...how far is that from phoenix?

Also, any other advice on what to see and do in Phoenix? Again, we have a teenager (male) and only limited time.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
3. Re: Hot Air Ballooning Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 06:17