We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family day at a Phoenix area resort

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Family day at a Phoenix area resort

Hello,

I have out of town guest who want a day at a local resort on Fri, Oct 11, after a hectic week of touring and hiking (no over-night stay). We would appreciate recommendations for resort with day-rates, that would accommodate 2 teenagers and a nice relaxing area for adults. Beautiful views would be a plus! We are not looking for upscale.

Thank you!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,483 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family day at a Phoenix area resort

Maybe others have better sources than I do, but I am not aware of resorts that offer day use in town. I would recommend your friends stay the night or look at a public community pool, such as McDowell Mountain Ranch Aquatic Center in Scottsdale, which does have a lazy river. Look at the Hilton Pointe Resorts for some mid-range rates for an overnight stay.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family day at a Phoenix area resort

You don't mention what part of Phoenix you're in, but if you head southeast near South Mountain the Arizona Grand Resort on Baseline Rd & I-10 has a great water area and slide with day rates and lots for adults. I'd check in advance to make sure the slide is open. If you want great views - then have dinner at Rustler's Roost restaurant afterwards (reservations help). It overlooks the city and has great steak - it's part of the Arizona Grand. Touristy, but still good.

3. Re: Family day at a Phoenix area resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 05:17