We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
red deer
Level Contributor
16 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

Hey guys,

Headed to Phoenix on a golf / baseball trip. Wanting to know some names of the top nightclubs in Phoenix.

What are we looking for?

-To dress up, collared shirts, dress pants, blazers etc (reason for mention, is we are not interested in blue jeans & flip flop bars)

-20's & 30's crowd

-EDM or Top 40 style music. Anything above 100bmp music to get the dance o ;)

-Modern / willing to pay higher prices/covers for a quality venue

-Las Vegas style of clubs (again, more re-capping the dress quality & pricing)

-Location not a huge concern (preferred on east or midtown), as were in Pinnacle Peak (north east) anyways. So we know we are a way from downtown.

I have searched online, and found 4 great looking clubs.... and found they closed in the last 12 months.

Any suggestions on limo companies & packages?

So you tell me locals, whats fresh & trendy?

Thanks for your advise!

Edited: 10 August 2013, 20:02
Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

The Entertainment District in downtown Scottsdale would be the place to go. I can't tell you any specific clubs as I'm years beyond their demographic, but I know that's where the young professionals go. Sorry I can't be more help.

red deer
Level Contributor
16 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

No need to apologize,

That narrows it down in knowing we don't need to head to downtown Phoenix. Thanks for the reply :)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

Note - if you want 'Las Vegas style clubs' you will probably be disappointed and wish you had gone to Las Vegas. Phoenix is a lot more casual - and we generally like it that way - and I don't mean jeans and flip flops - but agree downtown Scottsdale is your best bet. I wouldn't know where in town you'd wear a blazer - or frankly want to unless you're a lawyer appearing in court. (Hint - the four clubs closed . . . ) Let me guess - are you East Coast? No clue where 'red deer' is but we are NOT Las Vegas and don't want to be.

red deer
Level Contributor
16 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

I think the point of the Las Vegas style comment was missed where I recapped on what I meant by touching on attire & costs of drinks. Not looking for a $2 drink special. Looking for a nice place to head out, dress up & dance. I don't expect a Vegas experience (have been 9x) but looking for something more than a country bar with cowboy boot wearin' folks ;)

Just looking for the locals suggestion on quality places to go do exactly that. Name's of recommended hot spots, clubs/ultra lounges is really the just of what we're hoping to learn here.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

this is probably as close as I can think of for what you're looking for:

http://www.axis-radius.com/

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,049 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

Check with the concierge at your hotel. Keep in mind that dressing up in Arizona usually means putting on your best cowboy boots and a clean pair of jeans. Be careful not to judge who is or isn't as dressed up as you are by applying your own standards in the AZ environment.

I agree that you'll probably find the most upscale clubs in the Scottsdale market. Sorry I'm not hip enough to give you specific names.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

You don't need to feel as if you must wear a John Travolta disco suit, or feel like a goober in a pair of new boots. Just put on a pair of nice slacks, loafers and sport shirt and slide into some place like AZ88 for a rockin' drink and great tunes. That's how we roll here.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

az88 is nothing like what the op is looking for, donbasci....thankfully

I forgot the talking stick resort has a place that just might be what you're looking for:

www.talkingstickresort.com/degree270.aspx

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

Quote: "You don't need to...feel like a goober in a pair of new boots."

Ok, now that's just funny! ;) And, I agree with what everyone has said. You won't find anything close to Vegas style clubs, and most people simply don't dress up quite like they would on the East Coast or Vegas. Now that said...

Billy, unfortunately Axis-Radius just closed at the end of June. Otherwise, it would have been pretty much what the OP was looking for. They're creating a couple of new venues instead:

azcentral.com/thingstodo/bars/articles/20130…

There's Martini Ranch, assuming they're still open, although the last I heard, it's not as nice as it used to be, drinks are hit or miss, the crowd can be fun or it can be rowdy, and they've had some violence there in the not too distant past.

Both the W Hotel and the Hotel Valley Ho used to have "pool parties" on the weekends; not sure if they still do. Other than that, most of the other places I've been to are now closed. Your best bet is to ask the concierge at your hotel, and/or call a limo company. Maxim Limousines advertises a "VIP Club limo" which takes you to various nightclubs and includes the cover charges in your limo fee:

http://www.maximlimousine.com/index.asp

There's also this one, although I have never used them so can't speak for their service. They do have a list of clubs on their website:

inthescenelimousine.com/Night-clubs-Phoenix/

And finally, this bar isn't a club AT ALL, but if you want a really great and unique drink while you're in Old Town Scottsdale, head to Citizen R+D. It's different, it's a tiny space, they have "rules", and it's not the place to go if you want a Bud Light. But if you want to try a new drink, head here. Only open Thur-Sat, though:

http://citizenpublichouse.com/rd/

Hope that helps! Have fun!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nightclubs in Phoenix / Scotttsdale - Wanting to dress up

Billy - I forgot about Degree 270! Yes, that might fit the bill, and they do actually enforce the dress code to get up there. It's on the 14th floor, I believe, and has excellent views of the city.