We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

Hello TA!

I have looked at prior posts, and I'm not a newbie here... but not sure what's wrong with me... so I appologize if I couldn't find it... but

Im looking for specific streets you can point out to me where there is rows of restaurants & shopping (ie: boutiques) not shopping malls.

Sort of like 5th Avenue in NY, Magnificent Mile in Chicago (although it does not have to be high end)

Going to be there for Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanks in Advance!

Yesi

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

Things aren't really set up like that here.

Check out Old Town Scottsdale and Biltmore Fashion Park.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

Old Town Scottsdale, Mill Ave Tempe.

http://www.scottsdaledowntown.com/

http://www.millavenue.com/directory

Considering that we are not a "walking" city, this is about as similar as it gets.

Edited: 15 October 2013, 20:47
Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

I live in Tempe, and like Mill Ave. However if she is expecting NYC or Chicago she is going to be sorely disappointed there. For clarity, Mill is the main drag in the college town of Tempe and is more geared towards students. There are restaurants, bars, and shops there, though.

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

Thanks Ron_Phoenix & Boxing John!

Go figure... I get 2 answers about shopping from 2 men... Hahaha

I have a son, and he likes to shop... so i think its a misconception :)

Love the 5th Ave. area of Downtown Scottsdale & Mill Ave. in Tempe! That's exactly what I was looking for!

If you think of any other... let me know...

Thanks a million,

Yesi

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

We have malls here, instead of "shopping streets". Fashion Square Mall near Old Town Scottsdale, and the Biltmore Fashion Park at 24th St and Camelback are two nice options. Old Town is definitely another great place to wander and shop.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

Also, be prepared for huge crowds Thanksgiving weekend. Parking can be a nightmare in Scottsdale; I'd use the valet where available.

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

Hummingbird, Thanks for the heads up about the parking and the shopping centers! I'll have to check those out.

Does anyone know how crowded it gets going back to Los Angeles that Sunday after Thanksgiving?

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

That, I can't help you with, sorry! I've only ever done it the other way around, coming back to Phx from LA after Thanksgiving. If I had to guess, I'd say you won't have any issues leaving Phx, but might run into some traffic near LA.

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

Thanks Hummingbird!

Yes, I imagine for sure once I get close to L.A. ... just hope not much traffic during the long long drive in between...

One reason Vegas was so out of the question! Coming back from Vegas that wkend is torturous LOL

10. Re: Restaurants & Shopping Streets Help Cannot find...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 06:19