We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Arizona Biltmore

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
851 posts
862 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Arizona Biltmore

I have ruled out staying at the beautiful Arizona Biltmore. The cost of the room + $28 resort fee + $12 self-parking + breakfast just doesn't fit the budget. We would, however, still like to visit the hotel to see the architecture. The hotel website mentions overnight parking fees but does not address short-term visitor parking. I would appreciate information about how to do a short visit at this hotel.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Arizona Biltmore

Drive through the gate at 24th St. and Missouri Ave. veer to the left where you see large estates on the golf course. In about five minutes you will see right in front of you the Biltmore. To your left is Wrigley's Mansion, to your right the club house for the course. When you reach the canal turn right,, then left at the little bridge drive up to the valet parking, give them your keys and enjoy the Biltmore for as long as you like. There is no minimum fee, but you should tip at least five bucks, ten if you enjoyed the show!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Arizona Biltmore

You might also consider eating at Frank and Albert's in the main building just around the corner from the Grand Foyer, the dark bar and the glorious wine cellar. Competitively priced for the neighborhood. Where are you staying? Is this your first visit.\? Do you have any other general or specific interests you would like to see?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
851 posts
862 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Arizona Biltmore

Thanks for the information, ugyved. I am currently looking at the Hampton near the Biltmore for lodging, but currently have no specific reason for staying in a particular area -- just now trying to consider what we will do in Phoenix and where it would be convenient to stay for our activities and budget.

As for points of interest, we plan to see the Capitol Museum downtown and Talesin West in Scottsdale. We will have 1 - 1 1/2 days in Phoenix (depending on which air flights we book and when we leave Sedona bound for Phoenix) at the end of our Grand Canyon trip in mid-May. We are looking for beautiful photographic views and places of historical or architectural interest. At this point in the trip, we will probably not be looking for any hiking trails.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Arizona Biltmore

You are looking at one of the very best locales to stay in all of AZ. And, I often recommend the Hampton because it is the best deal right there and it consistently gets great reviews. You will be only half a mile from the Biltmore gate up 24th St. You can easily walk it if you like a stroll. Turn left as you come out of the Biltmore, walk down the canal a bit heading toward Camelback Mountain and you will find many foto ops both of nature and architectural significance. As you walk back notice how you can see the Biltmore from an entirely different perspective.The Biltmore is about half way between the Wright property and the Capitol.

Edited: 02 November 2013, 13:13
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Arizona Biltmore

If you send me a PM, I would be happy to share a short list of other places that might be of particular interest to you.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
851 posts
862 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Arizona Biltmore

The stroll sounds perfect for us! (weather permitting) I appreciate the great details. We look forward to your suggestions.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Arizona Biltmore

You will find there is NO chance of bad weather during May in Phoenix. It is after the winter rains and before the summer monsoons. It's a perfect time for your stroll. Everything will be washed clean by the rains, the birds will be out as will the sun and you will have a perfect stroll.

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
841 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting Arizona Biltmore

I just met a vendor for lunch at the Biltmore a few months ago. I drove in from the 24th St entrance, and it was about a 5 min drive), and there was no charge at all to self park. Actually there wasn't a booth or anywhere wanting money anyway.

There could be a chance of rain nearly any time of year here in AZ. I've lived here since 1995 and I remember rain every month of the year (though certainly not all in the same year).

Hope you have a great trip!

Edited: 02 November 2013, 16:02
Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting Arizona Biltmore

You can self park for no fee. There's a large garage - just follow the signs. Enjoy your visit!

Phoenix, Az
Level Contributor
471 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting Arizona Biltmore

I've been there for meetings during the year and have always parked for free, with no issues.