We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running in Peoria

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Running in Peoria

I will be staying with a friend in Peoria next week, and I want to keep up my running schedule. Is Pioneer Park a suitable and safe place to go for a run? I'm not particularly picky- I want to run 3-5 miles and I'm willing to do some laps, I just don't want to run busy streets. Any other suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
836 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running in Peoria

Where in Peoria (major cross streets would help)?

There's several multi-use paths that follow along the canals in the area, and I'd highly recommend using one of those, and you'll probably see other runners.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running in Peoria

W Olive Ave and N 89 Ave would be the closest major intersection from the map I'm looking at. Does the canal run along Olive?

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running in Peoria

The canal runs diagonally and always a good option. Here is a map of different segments of it with a distance calculator. www.srpnet.com/water/canals/distances.aspx

Looks to me like your nearest access point would be 83rd Ave & Bethany home.

Edited: 26 November 2013, 19:29
Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running in Peoria

In answer to your first question I think the new Pioneer Park would be fine but you'll obviously have more variety with the canal. There's also New River Trail system. It ends at Olive but you could go north and look back. Not sure of parking options. Maybe one of our west side members knows?

5. Re: Running in Peoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 06:18