We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cardinals vs 9ers Dec 29- Need to know/suggestions

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Cardinals vs 9ers Dec 29- Need to know/suggestions

This will be our first time at UOP Stadium. Frequently come out for Spring training so know the area in general, but have specific questions about Football here.

*Where is the best pre-game and post game place near the stadium. I know the mall and stuff is nearby just want to know which is the best for food/fun and fans.

*What should we look for, or at, at the stadium? Anything historic, unique?

Staying at the Renaissance near the field.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cardinals vs 9ers Dec 29- Need to know/suggestions

If you are a frequent visitor for spring training, the same places you like on the west side or at Westgate should be good for football. That entire area is fairly new so nothing really historic.

For historic or Western, make a run up to Wickenburg or Prescott. Fairly close, though, is the Deer Valley Rock Art Center, just north of the 101 as it runs east/west. Prehistoric Native American art work on the rocks.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cardinals vs 9ers Dec 29- Need to know/suggestions

Not a lot of stuff out there. Your best bet pre and post game is Yard House.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cardinals vs 9ers Dec 29- Need to know/suggestions

Just to join this post I am also coming for my first Cards game too and have questions. We are staying in Scottsdale and looking for info on how to get transportation to/from the game. We want to get there at least a couple hours before the game to go to the tailgate parties. Any suggestions on the tailgate would be greatly appreciated too.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cardinals vs 9ers Dec 29- Need to know/suggestions

Your best bet would be renting a car. There is not convenient public transportation to the game. Duke's Sports bar has run a party bus in previous years - not sure if they still do. There's also a company that will send a chartered bus if enough people sign up for it. Here's their website: http://nfl.bowlbus.com/

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cardinals vs 9ers Dec 29- Need to know/suggestions

As for historic, I meant, for Football, and the Cardinals. Like "x" is the best pre-game, or post game. I have a Yard House near my home, I was looking for something more unique. Any other suggestions? ThANKS!

6. Re: Cardinals vs 9ers Dec 29- Need to know/suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 12:35
Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cardinals vs 9ers Dec 29- Need to know/suggestions

The Cardinals have only been here since 1988 and moved into a new stadium not long ago. There is nothing historic. I wasn't joking when I suggested Yard House. That's the 'x' you're seeking. Or just walk around Westgate until you see a place you like. There is also a Margaritaville out there, but I don't care for it.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cardinals vs 9ers Dec 29- Need to know/suggestions

Thanks everyone!! I will take my chances at Westgate, and roam around the tailgates.

9. Re: Cardinals vs 9ers Dec 29- Need to know/suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:18