We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for public ice skating?

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
internet
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for public ice skating?

I want to take my 9 year old ice skating for the first time. I saw that the Arcadia Ice Arena and the Ice Den both offer public skating. What would be the best choice? Thanks is advance!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
856 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for public ice skating?

I suppose that it depends upon what you are looking for. If you want an interesting outdoor Christmassy experience, try CitySkate in downtown Phoenix between now and January 13th.

http://www.cityskatephx.com/

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for public ice skating?

My family has been going to Arcadia for a million years. If you would like your prince/princess to get the help of professionals for the first time on the ice, go there. Get the right fit of skates and positive encouragement from those who know how to teach first timers.

Happy Trails!!!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for public ice skating?

They're both good arenas with excellent instructors. The Ice Den is more "upscale" and has amenities such as a coffee shop and some arcade games; it's also where you can watch the Coyotes (professional hockey) practice, if that interests you. As mentioned, Arcadia does have very patient instructors for beginners; call for a group lesson schedule, or you can always just do a private lesson. You'll probably pay less for lessons, skating, and skate rental at Arcadia than you will at the Ice Den, and the quality is usually the same.

Honestly, you can't lose either way; it probably comes down to which venue is closest to you. For years I was closer to Arcadia, so I practiced there; then I moved and now I'm closer to the Ice Den. Been happy with both places.

Edited: 18 December 2013, 02:18
internet
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for public ice skating?

Thanks for all your great feedback!

5. Re: Best place for public ice skating?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 06:18