We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wickenburg

michigan
Level Contributor
755 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Wickenburg

We will be in Phoenix this weekend and looking for outdoor sightseeing ...maybe an easy hike.

Thinking about the drive to Wickenburg but see that it is their GOLD RUSH festival. Could be great fun or so crowded that we will wish we'd sipped adult beverages by the pool? Any thoughts? We have all day Friday or Saturday to explore.

We have been to Prescott on a previous trip to Sedona.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,287 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wickenburg

This might be the best weekend of the year to go to Wickenburg. The parade and festival events will bring out the best of the southwest.

I wish I could be there.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wickenburg

For a nice hike, just south of Wickenburg on US 60 is the Hassayampa River Preserve. The river is underground, but the vegetation is wonderful.

michigan
Level Contributor
755 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wickenburg

Thanks for that great info! Red Fox you gave me great info a few years ago when we visited Sedona for a week!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,466 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wickenburg

I agree with both going to Wickenburg, and going to the Hassayampa River Preserve. If possible, go to Hassayampa either very early, or later in the day (an hour or more before they close); you'll see more wildlife that way, as it's often quieter during those times. Although, there's a chance it may be busy the entire time, due to the festival!

Since you're here this weekend, and if you like horses, you might check out the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show at Westworld. It runs Feb 13-23, and they have special events every day, in addition to 300+ vendors, lots of food, and 2,400 Arabians showing in all disciplines.

www.scottsdaleshow.com

Have a great weekend!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,287 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wickenburg

Esty will wake up in a few hours and I'm sure she'll weigh in with Wickenburg insider tips.

6. Re: Wickenburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 07:18