We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horseback riding

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
horseback riding

We want to do some horseback riding while in the Phoenix area. Any recommendations? How is Spur Cross Stables?

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horseback riding

Two of the best places to ride are Fort McDowell Adventures and Cave Creek Outfitters.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horseback riding

Re: Spur Cross, I haven't been out there, so I can't speak for the horses, guides, or scenery. The reviews on TA are good, though. The area where the stables are located is a bit out of town in the hills north of Cave Creek, which is a pretty area.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: horseback riding

I haven't been to the stables, but I have seen the horses ride through when I sat out waiting to watch the deer come through. The horses didn't look mangy and the riders seemed to be having a good time. The scenery out there is really beautiful.

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
842 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: horseback riding

My company used Fort McDowell Adventures for a large event in April and had extremely positive results. We used them for both dinner/evening activities, as well as horseback riding.

La Puesta del Sol is a bit out there (was about a 40 min ride from 101/Tatum area), but once you're out there the views were amazing!

A co-worker who did horseback riding thought it was good, but she said they mostly just jumped on the horses and some people struggled. I asked if they told them the horses names, gave them a snack, etc, but she said they mostly skipped that. She rode a bit when she was younger so may have had high expectations.

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: horseback riding

Thank you all for the tips. I really appreciate it!

6. Re: horseback riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 05:17