We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost Dutchman/Canyon Lake and sunset!

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Lost Dutchman/Canyon Lake and sunset!

I've got two questions.

1: How long is the drive to Lost Dutchman State Park and/or Canyon Lake from Chandler? And how long is it from Lost Dutchman to Canyon Lake?

2: Around what time is sunset around this time of year in Phoenix? I saw that the Desert Botanical Gardens, most trails close at sunset, so I wanna make sure we have a good couple of hours there before that.

Thanx!

Phoenix Az
Level Contributor
387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost Dutchman/Canyon Lake and sunset!

I would say it would be around a hour of time to get from Chandler to Canyon Lake, alot will depend on the traffic of the day and the day of the week. Lost Dutchman to/from Canyon Lake is about 15-20 minutes. While your on route 88 you should make the trip to Tortilla Flat for lunch. You can enjoy a cup of their “killer” chile ! ;-) It will warm you up in a hurry and it’s pretty good tasting.

Sunset is about 5:15 or 5:20 pm for Phoenix.

If you're hiking - take water and a cell phone! Enjoy ;-)

Tempe, Az
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost Dutchman/Canyon Lake and sunset!

For the garden, some trails close at sunset, mostly the outer trails that do not have lighting. They are open until 8:00 normally and it is quite lovely at night, although at this time of year the Noche de Luminarias means you may need to order tickets for certain nights.

zeb cook

3. Re: Lost Dutchman/Canyon Lake and sunset!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 19:21