We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia Lied

Which Prescott hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Expedia Lied

I checked Expedia for reservations and they said there was no availability. I then called the cottages and was told that they do, indeed, have vacancies for the dates I want, but they don't use Expedia. I think it is amazing that Expedia can say there's no availability instead of admitting that they aren't permitted to book reservations for this property.

The cottages' numbers, per MSN YellowPages, are:

(928) 445-7991

(888) 757-0015 (toll-free)

utah
Level Contributor
386 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia Lied

I think Expedia buys blocks of rooms at a discount and then resells. They do not buy a lot from smaller places. To them, no availability means they do not have rooms to sell. In general, I believe it is always better to know prices and negogiate with the hotel directly. Some hotels sell the "worst" rooms to Expedia,Hotwire, etc. Check out www.betterbidding.com or www.biddingfortravel.com for more info.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia Lied

"Toby" is exactly right. Expedia is only going to advertise what they have to sell. Why bother-you only end up with downloaded spy-ware and really dont save any money. Try your local travel agent-it is their job to get you the best price.

Cheshire UK
Level Contributor
883 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia Lied

Agree with the previous posts - Expedia and other agents only have a certain number of rooms they can sell.

One thing I have learned from TA is - that you always get the best deal if you book direct with any hotel/B&B or motel. Plus - you don't have the hassle of paying a middle man or losing money if you want to alter your plans.

Always check on their cancellation policy when you book, but I found that many places allow a no penalty cancellation as long as you give them at least 48 hours notice.. :)