We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

girls weekend....flagstaff, prescott or bisbee?

Which Prescott hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
260 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
girls weekend....flagstaff, prescott or bisbee?

We have a 50th birthday trip in the future for myself and friends.

One lives in Phoenix but we have no interest in staying there.

I'm thinking about the resort of us flying to Phoenix and driving

to either Flagstaff, Prescott or Bisbee. We prefer nice downtown

with shops, restaurants and ease in getting around. Alittle

history is fun and of course scenery.

Your thoughts? (we've not been to any of these three cities)

Thanks in advance.

California
Level Contributor
199 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: girls weekend....flagstaff, prescott or bisbee?

Have you considered Sedona? I'm far from an expert on the area, and don't know much about the other 3 towns, but spent one of the best weeks of my life in Sedona, in January a few years ago. It is so beautiful! For a 50th birthday and a good visit with each other it could be perfect. I know the weather can change, but we hiked in shorts everyday even though there was snow on the ground in some of the shady spots of the canyons. There is an cliff dwelling ruin of the Sinagua native people that is intresting and beautiful.

You can hike, shop in town,, take day trips, have a great massage or spa treatment, take a day trip to the Grand Canyon or just relax and have fun with your friends. I didn't take it but the pink jeep tour seemed very popular.

There are lots of dining choices too. If you choose Prescott or Flagstaff, a day trip to Sedona is well worth it.

No matter where you go, have a great time!

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,393 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: girls weekend....flagstaff, prescott or bisbee?

Bisbee is about 3.5 hours from the Phoenix airport. It's a kitschy, hippy, arty place but not many shops for you. Also not any really nice places to stay, or more than hometown restaurants for good meals.

Prescott is 1.5 hours, has some nice hotels and nice restaurants. More shops than Bisbee, and a little over an hour to Sedona where there are lots of shops. Also could visit the old mining town of Jerome which like Bisbee is pretty much an artist colonby today.

Either Flagstaff or Sedona, both 2 hours from Phoenix airport, have more to offer. If you are looking for very nice hotels or resorts, then it's Sedona.

3. Re: girls weekend....flagstaff, prescott or bisbee?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2008, 17:02
4. Re: girls weekend....flagstaff, prescott or bisbee?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 18:19