We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay a month?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
37 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay a month?

I've never been to Prescott, and am trying to find a one-month rental, but I really feel like I don't know where in town to stay. I need to be near the downtown, but internet searches show some people think there are bad areas of town? Or at least, less desirable areas to stay than others.

What I really want is something in a nice, reasonably quiet location, but from which my spouse and I can walk to the downtown. We don't mind a longish walk.

What do you think, any advice on the area I should be looking?

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
295 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay a month?

There really arent any "bad" areas of Prescott. Most of the short term rentals close to town are older motels or apartments and have clientele that are less fortunate or cant afford higher rent areas. I guess this makes it less desirable. There are several that are decent and clean.

What kind of budget do you have? The bigger your wallet the better your comfort.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,593 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay a month?

http://www.prescottcabinrentals.com/ also has cottages and duplexes in the downtown area. Try and talk to them personally. When we used them it was hard to get a response online and by phone worked better.

3. Re: where to stay a month?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 07:20