We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a rental car necessary?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
118 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is a rental car necessary?

My husband has a conference @ Camelback Inn and I will be tagging along for 5 days. We will be flying in to Phoenix and I am wondering if I will need a car once we get to the hotel or are there cabs available to get around in? We are going the middle of April. I appreciate any input.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,116 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is a rental car necessary?

Get a car.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is a rental car necessary?

You can get taxis but they can get quite expensive. Phoenix is so spread out. Driving is pretty easy for the most part. Places are easy to find and get to. Rush hour is kind of bad but that's all.

Tempe, Az
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is a rental car necessary?

Definitely in Scotsdale you will need a car. The cabs are too expenive and our local bus service isn't convenient to most places of interest. I'd suggest you check out Enterprise.com and consider rental from the nearest Enterprise Branch office to the Camelback Inn. BTW, consider using Enterprise Coupon code: ETBX6F to get 20% their daily rates.

4. Re: Is a rental car necessary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 17:19