We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town Eats

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
180 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Old Town Eats

Looking for thoughts on interesting places to eat, nothing fancy dress wear, in Old Town. We're staying at the Marriott. Any type of cuisine could work but we're very interested in the atmosphere relating to Old Town. Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town Eats

Cowboy Ciao is wonderful, and it's a nice restaurant but you don't need to dress too fancy at all. Bandera is a small chain owned by Houston's, but it's also very good. Digestif is also fabulous - it's in the Old Town area but in the new development along the canal called SouthBridge. Hope that helps!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town Eats

For atmosphere then you should go to; http://www.oldtowntortillafactory.com/

I only had their appetizer plate and a margarita here and it wasn't that good but the patio seating was great.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,773 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town Eats

fancy dress wear is not required at any restaurant in arizona in my experience, even the very upscale resorts. i even ate at wright's in the az biltmore in shorts and a polo shirt. check the web site http:www.downtownscottsdale.com

my favorite overall in old town is my big fat greek restaurant, though a local chain is fun and delicious. my favorite mexican in old town is los olivos (we have way better mexican food in tucson btw). steakhouse with ambiance - don and charlie's. seafood - haven't found one, friends have suggested wildfish.

Arizona
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Town Eats

Two downtown Scottsdale institutions are Pink Pony Steakhouse, where you'll get some retro atmosphere. This is not be design, it just hasn't changed much, and that's a compliment. Good steak and comfort food, but not at the level of a Morton's-type establishment.

The Sugar Bowl has great ice cream and you can get sandwiches, etc. It's really a dessert place, but you could have a nice lunch there. It hasn't changed much since the 1960s, and that is also a compliment.

Both are walking distance from the Marriott.

5. Re: Old Town Eats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 23:19