We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phoenix airport to westin kierland villas

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
phoenix airport to westin kierland villas

does anyone have any handy tips of the route taken here... are there any road works /problems.. our friends have done this trip several times, but thought i would check if anything is happening on the roads this weekend.. thank you

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phoenix airport to westin kierland villas

www.scottsdaleaz.gov/traffic/restrictions.asp

just found this site... thanks

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
643 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phoenix airport to westin kierland villas

I always prefer State Route 51 north to the NE valley even when I arrive at terminal 4 (east airport) because I hate all the lights going 44th Street or out of my way to the east 101 and north, then back west.

For you, the 51 north to Greenway and east to the hotel. This is the faster route, even during rush hour (if you have more than two people in the car-carpool lane).

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: phoenix airport to westin kierland villas

Just FYI, there is construction on Greenway Road between SR51 and the Westin Kierland. (I live right in the middle of it.) The traffic through it doesn't seem to be too bad most of the time, though. You can always get off (the SR51) at Thunderbird Rd instead, and head East to 64th Street and then turn north to Greenway Rd - that would get you away from all the construction.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phoenix airport to westin kierland villas

Oh, and I do agree about taking the SR51 north when you exit the airport. Much quicker and easier than the Loop freeway, IMHO.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: phoenix airport to westin kierland villas

Thank you --- here comes sunday!

6. Re: phoenix airport to westin kierland villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 22:25