We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

website that lists hidden ticket cameras

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
website that lists hidden ticket cameras

Last time in Scottsdale, I got a speeding ticket in the mail. I am guessing it was on Shea blvd out to Fountain Hills, somewhere.

Is there a website that will list the locations of these ticket cameras?

For educational purposes only. ;-)

thanks

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,791 posts
1,036 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: website that lists hidden ticket cameras

Hmmm, let's see . . . if you drove about the speed limit, you wouldn't need such a website now, would you? Wow, drive the speed limit? Now there's a novel idea.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,591 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: website that lists hidden ticket cameras

The cameras are preceded by warning signs far enough ahead of them to stop speeding. So, since you were speeding, thanks for you contribution to the economy.

Temecula, California
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
533 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: website that lists hidden ticket cameras

Wow not much sympathy huh?

They are putting up new cameras all the time, including on the freeway. So forget looking for a list, it would be outdated and HUGE.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: website that lists hidden ticket cameras

OK, gregdove, just because it's for educational purposes only, I'll share...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/ then click on the "interactive map of new camera locations." Since this is on the front page of the website it will change daily - don't know how to bookmark it since it's a PDF.

Please be aware these are only the new freeway cameras. Each city has its own system for surface streets - like the one at 120th St. and Shea that caught you. Better to just heed your speed. As noted previously, there is always a sign telling you that if you are entering a 'Speed Enforcement Zone.'

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: website that lists hidden ticket cameras

Don't forget they have the unmarked vans now too. I happen to agree with most that if you weren't speeding in the first place it wouldn't happen. By state law all highways in arizona are 65 mph unless other wise marked. If its marked 75 then you are speeding 10 mph over the actual limit, that why they stop you if you are going 76. I got a ticket last year in phoenix because I was in the middle of a bad situation and didn't want to get in the middle of a heated argument that was going on. I was 1 mile over the 65 and got slapped with a $125 ticket. I appealed stating what happened and they pulled the cameras that backed up my story so I only had to go to traffic school which only cost me some gas and a saturday.

Just don't speed and you will be fine. Also going "with the flow of traffic" doesn't work in arizona either anymore. Don't worry your destination will still be there when you get there.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,823 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: website that lists hidden ticket cameras

It should also be noted that the decisions to implement these camera systems have been primarily a function of local economics. The main purpose of investing in these costly devices has been to generate revenue for the local economies and not neccessarily to slow down the speeders. So the 'obey or pay' slogans make sense, but if we don't have a sufficient number of speeders out there pumping money into the system, then our taxes will all go up to cover the budget shortages. So speed away!

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,805 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: website that lists hidden ticket cameras

The freeway cameras on that list are just the DPS ones. Scottsdale PD also runs cameras on the 101 through that city, as well as on its surface streets. Here's the Scottsdale list: www.scottsdaleaz.gov/photoradar/locations.asp

Only Tempe, Mesa and Tucson are using the mobile radar vans and they list their scheduled locations long beforehand. Here, at least, their locations are also listed in the paper. They're usually in school zones but, also, they (in Tucson, at least) won't ticket you until you go 10+ mph over the limit.

Tempe: tempe.gov/police/…photo_radar_shedule.htm

Mesa: cityofmesa.org/police/…speed_radar.aspx

Tucson: tpdinternet.tucsonaz.gov/Radar/index.asp

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,452 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: website that lists hidden ticket cameras

think cruise control....

9. Re: website that lists hidden ticket cameras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 21:19