We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the 5 best golf courses in the Scottsdale area?

Boston
Level Contributor
108 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What are the 5 best golf courses in the Scottsdale area?

Visiting in March and looking to enjoy some nice, scenic, well manicured courses.

Boston
Level Contributor
108 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the 5 best golf courses in the Scottsdale area?

O.K. I'll settle for the top 2?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,233 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the 5 best golf courses in the Scottsdale area?

You're asking a tough question. In your previous post you asked for suggestions for preferred golf courses in the area, and you were given several nmaes and advice on how to go about finding a place to play.

To be honest, TripAdvisor is not the best place to find the top rated golf courses. You can easily find answers to your question by researching some of the golf related websites. "Best" is a description that can mean many different things when you're discussing golf courses.

If the advice that you were already given wasn't satisfactory, tell us why, and give us some more input about what it is exactly that you want that those suggestions didn't have. TA posters will be glad to share their experiences, as they have already done for you. But if you want more information, you need to be more specific in your requests.

Arizona
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the 5 best golf courses in the Scottsdale area?

RedRox is right about other sources for this information, but in terms of the "best" courses, here are some suggestions. Most of these are pricey, but deals may be available.

Troon

Troon North

Grayhawk

TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course

Ancala

Desert Mountain

TPC Desert Course

Mc Cormick Ranch (2 layouts, I believe)

Camelback (2 courses)

There are others, and all the above will have pros and cons. There are a handful of exec courses that are just so-so, but golf in Scottsdale overall is going to be at a pretty nice course no matter what.

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the 5 best golf courses in the Scottsdale area?

My favorite is WeKoPa in Fountain Hills.

Boston
Level Contributor
108 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the 5 best golf courses in the Scottsdale area?

Thanks for the info. I realize there is no "exact" answer to the "best" golf courses in Arizona. However, with literally hundreds of choices and my unfamiliarity with the area, I thought I could gain some insight to what others thought were good courses. I did post a similar inquiry on another message board, and got 2-3 recommendations. I did research those courses and they looked great. I was just looking to see if anybody had some more recommendations. I thought the "Scottsdale" forum would be a better place to go than the "Tempe" forum. I didn't realize golf was a taboo subject here. Sorry.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
643 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the 5 best golf courses in the Scottsdale area?

It's not taboo....no need to apologize. I would throw Talking Stick into the mix too...2 nice courses and reasonably priced.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,233 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the 5 best golf courses in the Scottsdale area?

Nothing taboo. We're just trying to help you help yourself.

Best? I'm not sure. How about if I repeat the list of my favorites that I posted before? They include, Troon North, Grayhawk, We-Ko-Pa, Eagle Mountain, Ancala and Boulders. That's not the entire list. It's already been stated that there are way too many to pick just five.

But for you, based on what you've told us about your ability and desires, I'd still rely on www.standbygolf.com You haven't even mentioned price. Expect to pay top dollar in March if you book your tee time well in advance, at almost any course. Instead, look for ads in the AZ Republic and use the last minute websites. You'll find good golf at a better price. There are only a handful of golf courses in the Boston area that can compare with the majority of courses here (from a quality aspect) and most of those are only available to private club members. So where ever you decide to play while you're here, I'm certain that you'll have an enjoyable time.

Boston
Level Contributor
108 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the 5 best golf courses in the Scottsdale area?

I thank you again for the great info. It looks like I'm going to be golfing only twice while I'm there so I'm definitely looking for the most enjoyable experience. I'm trying to balance the beauty of a scenic, well manicured course with one that won't be too far above my skill level. I'm really impressed with Troon, but I wouldn't be happy losing a dozen golf balls! I've been on Golfnow website and there are some really great deals. Are the deals as availbale in March when the golf season is peak? I don't want to wait until the last minute and not be able to find a good course. But I will be open to any decent course and my times are very flexible.

Thanks again.

9. Re: What are the 5 best golf courses in the Scottsdale area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale