We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Getaway- 40 somethings- great pool- 4 star resort??

bend, oregon
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Getaway- 40 somethings- great pool- 4 star resort??

Any ideas for a great 4 star or well priced 5 star resort with a great pool meant for relaxing? We're going in late April and don't know the area well. Like the Royal Palms, but it might be too small and more of a romantic destination than a girls trip. We're all married, so we're not looking for a scene or nightlife. Any suggestions Much appreciated!

Arizona Party Bike
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Bike Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
672 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Getaway- 40 somethings- great pool- 4 star resort??

I agree, Royal Palms more suited for couples although lovely, perhaps Camelback Inn and Spa, Phoenician or Boulders.

Mentioned in this post
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
The Phoenician...
2,269 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
bend, oregon
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Getaway- 40 somethings- great pool- 4 star resort??

I just checked Camelback (marriot?), and it was $350 a night. I'd like something a wee bit cheaper, and I've been surfing the net like crazy to find a fit. I'd really like to spend around $250 a night, which during the weekend of 4/23-4/26 is hard to find!

bend, oregon
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Getaway- 40 somethings- great pool- 4 star resort??

I meant hard to find for the level of luxury I would like...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Getaway- 40 somethings- great pool- 4 star resort??

The Boulders has a special on TravelZoo for $199/night, and there's also a special for the Royal Palms for $234/night. While I agree that the Royal Palms is intimate and romantic, I don't necessarily know that it wouldn't still be very enjoyable for a relaxing girls getaway. You might also want to check rates at the new InterContinental Montelucia, the Westin Kierland, and the JW Marriott Desert Ridge.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Getaway- 40 somethings- great pool- 4 star resort??

I think if you wait closer to your travel time you will find some bargains available. Our busy season is drawing to a close at the end of April and resorts will start releasing rooms at bargain rates. Especially in this economy!

Perhaps you could make a reservation at The Boulders for their special rate - check cancellation policy - and switch to another resort if you find something more desirable. I do like Camelback Inn, Four Seasons, The Phoenician and Westin Kierland for your preferences. Also, I checked Copperwynd in Fountain Hills - they're running a $179/nt special through March which tells me they'll do the same thing for April. It's a bit removed, but a gorgeous and relaxing setting!

Best of luck with your planning!

Mentioned in this post
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
The Phoenician...
2,269 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Fountain Hills
Fountain Hills
Central Arizona, AZ
Southeast PA
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Getaway- 40 somethings- great pool- 4 star resort??

check vrbo.com.. there are many homes for rent, most with pools. This option is usually much cheaper than a resort... more private, and with laundry!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
361 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls Getaway- 40 somethings- great pool- 4 star resort??

I would suggest you check the rates on the website and then call the hotel directly and ask for a discount. That's what we did for our girls weekend and the Valley Ho was willing to come down 40% to arrive at $199 a night for a poolside room. We ended up making reservations at a few different hotels and will decide closer to travel date. They all seemed to have a 48-hour cancellation policy.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls Getaway- 40 somethings- great pool- 4 star resort??

The Hyatt at Gainey Ranch is fabulous! Wonderful adult only pool , live music at night, gorgeous grounds and a new spa. Great central Scottsdale location as well. You can walk to a charming shopping area and the atmosphere is fabulous.

9. Re: Girls Getaway- 40 somethings- great pool- 4 star resort??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 20:22
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale