We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any construction I should know about? mapquest OK?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
299 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Any construction I should know about? mapquest OK?

hello- we are travelling this weekend to Scottsdale. And renting a car. We are staying at the Fairmont, and taking a day trip to Sedona. I was wondering if it would be smart to have all of the directions printed out from mapquest before we get the rental car, or if there are any construction areas I should be worried about?

So I guess my question is, is Mapquest reliable right now? I have been burned so many times by constructions and detours... It looks like the drive to Sedona looks pretty simple...

thanks for any help!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any construction I should know about? mapquest OK?

Hi missphilly - Check you messages :-)

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any construction I should know about? mapquest OK?

hello! I just checked and did not see any new messages... did you send me one via TA?

I hope it didn't get lost!

(-:

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any construction I should know about? mapquest OK?

check out www.az511.com

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any construction I should know about? mapquest OK?

I'm not sure about construction, but I just thought I'd mention that, personally, I find Google Maps (or Yahoo! Maps) to be more reliable than Mapquest.

5. Re: Any construction I should know about? mapquest OK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 05:44