We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Active 25 Yr Old Couple Honeymoon-Scottsdale vs. Sedona

New Hampshire
6 posts
Save Topic
Active 25 Yr Old Couple Honeymoon-Scottsdale vs. Sedona

Hi! My fiance and I want to go to Arizona for a week for our honeymoon. We our from New Hampshire and both have never been. We will be going in late April and are trying to choose between Scottsdale or Sedona? Any thoughts?!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Active 25 Yr Old Couple Honeymoon-Scottsdale vs. Sedona

do both.. last year we spent 3 weeks in scottsdale and only during the last week did we visit sedona.. how stupid was that!

Its only c2-2.5 hours drive away and wow its so worth the drive- so wish we had planned to stay over and certainly would spend 2/3 days there when we manage to get to scottsdale again

we did a 4 hour pink jeep safari and then because I wanted to visit jerome a ghost town on the outskirts we didnt have time to truely look at jerome.... so sad about that.

Have a fabulous time and congratulations...

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Active 25 Yr Old Couple Honeymoon-Scottsdale vs. Sedona

If you want a city experience, then Scottsdale is a great choice. But if you want nature and fabulous scenery, then undoubtedly pick Sedona. (And what about the Grand Canyon?!) Or, as the other poster suggested, spend half the week in each place. Both places have wonderful, luxury spa-type resorts. Sedona has some exceptional B&Bs, if you like that. Late April is a very nice time of the year in both places.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
643 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Active 25 Yr Old Couple Honeymoon-Scottsdale vs. Sedona

Ditto what janss wrote....you are talking about two unique experiences, so splitting them would be ideal. I know some people don't like to move once they arrive somewhere, but you are coming a long way, so for a little extra effort, you can enjoy both places!

Nashville
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Active 25 Yr Old Couple Honeymoon-Scottsdale vs. Sedona

Sedona would be a very romantic place for a honeymoon. The views are unreal. I found it to be magical. You can be hiking in beautiful scenery and feel you are miles away from everything in a manner of minutes after leaving the main road. There are many great places to eat. The weather in April should provide you with mild days and cool nights-which would be perfect for spending time in a hot tub (or better yet-a jacuzzi suite-) before turning in for the night.

We were there in May. It was great spending a little time in the hot tub at our hotel under skies that were jam packed with stars.

If you decide on one location, you couldn't go wrong with Sedona. After visiting there with my wife and kids this summer, I already have in the back of my mind a return trip for just my wife and myself in a few years when we celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Good luck with your planning. I hope you will have a romantic honeymoon and a blessed future.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Active 25 Yr Old Couple Honeymoon-Scottsdale vs. Sedona

Absolutely do both, as long as you're planning a week-long trip. You could do it in whatever order you like, but I would recommend arriving to the airport and driving right up to Sedona for 2 nights...it's only about 2 hours. Then drive back down to Scottsdale for the last 4 or 5 nights. April will be a gorgeous time of year for both places!

6. Re: Active 25 Yr Old Couple Honeymoon-Scottsdale vs. Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 12:20