We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any thoughts on good deals during high season?

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Any thoughts on good deals during high season?

We have some time off next February and would love to visit Scottsdale/Phoenix. And, who doesn't want to stay at one of the nice resorts in the area? For instance, the Royal Palms, Westin Kierland, JW Marriott, Marriott Camelback, and several more. A brief check online tells me that during this season they may be out-of-range for my wallet. Do any of you have any suggestions or hints regarding good deals during the high season?

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any thoughts on good deals during high season?

Some of the chain hotels that have "suites" or that are closer to the airport don't raise their rates as much (or not at all). If you come to Scottsdale, you are sure to find rates that go through the ceiling.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any thoughts on good deals during high season?

I forgot to mention...try the Country Inn Suites in Scottsdale. It's convenient to the freeway so that you are close to everything. The rates are pretty affordable all winter long. I had members of my family stay there last March and the rates were great.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any thoughts on good deals during high season?

Durring high season I usually have good luck with Price Line. I'd do your homework as looking into the area what might be the best and worst possibilites you might get. Also call the hotels they might have some deals. We like the Tapatio(sp?) Cliffs or the Double Tree in Scottsdale. Also Mccormic Ranch are is nice if you don't mind a little drive.