We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

California
Level Contributor
47 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

We are family of 4,with two boys 12 and 10. We are planning to have a get-away trip in beginning of Feb.We stayed at Westin Kierland last April, we couldn't enjoy the lazy river there due to the cold weather. Is Hyatt Regency better than Westin Kierland?If it is worth the price for $371/nt. We usually prefer 5 stars rating;however, found Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak resort is pretty fun with their new water park. If Feb still be able to enjoy water activities? Your advise is very appreciated. Thank you.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

I prefer the Westin Kierland over the Hyatt Regency at Gainey Ranch, but that's mostly personal preference. However, I wouldn't pay $371 per night for either place. For that kind of money, you might as well try for something like the Four Seasons in North Scottsdale. (They sometimes have a buy 2 or 3 nights, get one free deal.)

As for swimming, it completely depends on the weather. If you were too cold to swim last April, then you probably won't be able to swim in February. It's usually much colder and rainier in February than it is in April.

ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

I'm surprised it was too cold last April!!! I was considering the Westin Kierland because of its pools. We are vacationing at the beginning of April, and years ago Sedona was too cold, but i thought Scottsdale would be tanning weather????

Should I look into Palm Springs for better tanning weather???

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,241 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

April is a transition month weather wise. It will probably be fine for swimming or tanning in Scottsdale, but there is always the possibility of a cold front. No way to predict or guarantee the weather.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,616 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

The weather in Palm Springs area is almost a duplicate of ours on any given day, perhaps one day earlier. I have family over there and when i need to predict the next day's temps I call them and ask what it is like over there!

California
Level Contributor
47 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

Thank you for every of your reply. It is great learning more of Scottsdale area.

Still keep checking other hotel location options. I may have to opt out using pool facilities. If you are kindly give me your preference in order from the list of below for us to relax and have fun:

-JW Marriott

-Hyatt Regency

-Westin Kierland

-Pointe Hilton Squaw Water Park

Thank you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
414 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

We stayed at the Hyatt a couple of weeks ago & it's s very nice property. We paid around $270 for a Regency Club room & could get regular rooms for around $240. When we were there the temperature was in the mid 70's & it was warm enough for us to sit by the pools and soak up some rays. A great break from the Boston winter

California
Level Contributor
47 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

Thank you HollyHop_9. Where did you find the deal of $270 for a regency club?That was very good bargain...

Boston...
Level Contributor
414 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

I think it was AAA rate via the Hyatt website. The hotel was pretty quiet when we were there & several people told us the high season hadn't really started so maybe that's why we got a better rate. We were lucky to have great weather (sunny & in the 70's) during our stay which made it lovely.

Hope you have a great trip

California
Level Contributor
47 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

Thank you all of your inputs. We finally got InterContinental Montelucia Resort & Spa with a much better deal in Hyatt. Hope the boys will enjoy this one. It is getting more excited to the trip.

10. Re: If Hyatt Regency worth its price?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale