We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel question

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
107 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel question

I am staying at the Ramada Limited Scottsdale on East 5th Avenue in mid March. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn due to circumstances beyong my control. Is the Ramada a decent place to stay? The reviews don't look that great. Is the location good? It's just a trip with the guys... eating, spring training, drinking, drinking, drinking, etc. so I don't need anything too fancy. Just looking for a decent, clean, and centrally located hotel. I'm not expecting much at $45 a night. Any info from somebody who knows the hotel/area would be greatly appreciated.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
641 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel question

It is an older hotel, and although I can't say I have been in a room there. I do pass by, and certainly reading the reviews should give you cause to wonder. Why streess about your vacation hotel if you can avoid it?

Why not try the Hyatt Place Old Town, Homestead on Marshall way, Hyatt Summerfield Old Town, or the Courtyard Marriot Dowtown Scottsdale? All are in the area, within walking distance of where you want to be, and have much better ratings.

Boston
Level Contributor
107 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel question

I would much rather stay in some of the nicer hotels that you mention. As I mentioned in my earlier post, we did have a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn which had to be cancelled. The Ramada was my "backup" hotel in case of emergency, which unfortunately came into play. My dilemma now is, I have 2 rooms booked at the Ramada for $45 a night. To try and book one of the nicer hotels now would cost hundreds, if not thousands more. Not worth it to me. Maybe if I was bringing the wife. Thanks for your input though.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel question

If all you're looking for is a bed and a reasonaby clean place, I would think a Ramada would do. It is nothing fancy, but the location is quite good - walking distance to some very nice clubs, restaurants, etc. It's at least a "port in a storm,"

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel question

I would try Priceline. We are staying in Scottsdale this weekend and got a $200/night hotel (Hilton Scottsdale) for $80/night. if you want some pointers on how to get the best deals on Priceline go to www.biddingfortravel.com. The time it takes to figure out the best bidding process is well worth the money saved! Good luck. :-)

Boston
Level Contributor
107 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel question

Thanks for the info. I may just roll the dice with the Ramada. The reviews are AWFUL, and at $44 a night, it's just what I deserve! Like I said earlier, it's just a guys getaway week. I can put up with a litlle filth. Hopefully, it's not too bad. We're pretty flexible. If it's too much of a dump, we'll just find some place else.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,940 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel question

If it is filthy, it wouldn't be a Ramada. They do monitor properties carrying their name. I would expect, especially for the price in season, that it's a bit out of date.

7. Re: Hotel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2010, 06:18