We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life in Scottsdale

Albuquerque
2 posts
Save Topic
Night life in Scottsdale

I will be visiting Scottsdale with a group of friends from April 22 to 25. We are mainly here to enjoy the good food and night life. Can anyone recommend any good restaurants that we must visit and also any good night clubs/bars for 40+ scenes or any live music venues (Salsa, Reggage, Jazz, and RnB)

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night life in Scottsdale

A good jazz club is Remington;'s

7200 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale

480951-5101

Restaurant? What kind of cuisine do you prefer? Do you have a car?

Where are you staying?

Albuquerque
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Night life in Scottsdale

I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express on North Scottsdale Road. I don't plan to have a car and hope to use Cabs but this can be changed. As for the kind of food, I am open to suggestions on some of the most popular "must" eat places. Some place with a nice happening crowd and good food..

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,566 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night life in Scottsdale

Have you perused some of those listed here? It is a pretty active club scene in the downtown Scottsdale area:

scottsdaledowntown.com/RestaurantsAndNightLi…

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night life in Scottsdale

The McDowell Mountain Music Festival will be going on April 23-25 so if you're into live music you may want to check it out. The line-up is really varied (jazz, reggae, blues etc) and has some great artists. It takes place at The Compound Bar & Grill in North Scottsdale. I believe they will be transforming the parking lot into the festival grounds.

http://www.mmmf.net

Also, April 24 is the grand opening of the Musical Instrument Museum. The name of the place doesn't do it justice. I got a sneak peek of the museum last week and it's the BEST museum I've ever been to. Check out the video on the site.

http://themim.org

And one last recommendation, Pepin in old town Scottsdale is great for Salsa and Flamenco.

And for food, have one night of splurging at Mastro's City Hall in Old Town. Best steakhouse ever.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night life in Scottsdale

40+ bars:

Barrack bar

Devils Martini

Barcelona

Salty Senoritas (day)

Restaurants:

Jalapenos-BEST MEXICAN in the Valley!

Grimalidis

Nellos

Pasta Brioni-BEST ITALIAN IN THE VALLEY

The philly cheese steak sandwich place on 5th ave and Scottsdale Road (open late)

Oreganos

6. Re: Night life in Scottsdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale