We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus tours to Grand Canyon National Park

Omaha
Level Contributor
115 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bus tours to Grand Canyon National Park

We will be staying in Scottsdale the week of Jan. 10 and are planning a trip to GCNP. Anyone have any suggestions for a bus tour going there or would it be better to drive?

Thanks

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus tours to Grand Canyon National Park

Although I'm sure bus tours from Scottsdale exist, it is a simple trip to make by car and you'll probably appreciate the greater flexibility afforded by doing so.

The only issue I can think of is if there is a great snowfall at higher elevations during the week of your stay, but either the highway is closed or it's not. If it's closed, the bus tour isn't going to make it anyway. If there's snow but the roads are passable, I suspect being from Omaha, you know how to drive in it.

Enjoy your trip!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus tours to Grand Canyon National Park

There are tour vans out of Scottsdale, not sure a bus or not.

Weather in January needs to be watched .

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus tours to Grand Canyon National Park

I would leave it till last minute, and if the weather and road conditions are fine, rent a car and do it!

4. Re: Bus tours to Grand Canyon National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale