We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steak dinner

Ohio
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Steak dinner

I am looking for some dining recommendations for my husband and business associates, preferably somewhere that has great steaks. Thank You

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steak dinner

In Scottsdale our top 3 picks would be

BLT Steakhouse at the Camelback Inn

J & G Steakhouse at the Phoenician

Bourbon Steakhouse at the Fairmont

- also -

Maestros in Scottsdale

Donovan's Steakhouse in Phoenix

Cartwrights in nearby Cave Creek

Enjoy!

Edited: 18 November 2010, 17:00
Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,616 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Steak dinner

Ruth Chris's, Capital Grille and also Mortons...very very pricey, but melt in your mouth good and top notch service.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steak dinner

For historic flavor, and not a chain - Monti's La Casa Vieja in downtown Tempe.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Steak dinner

Ah forgot Monti's. I love that place. It's in an historic old home where an Arizona congressman, Carl Hayden (now deceased) was born.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Steak dinner

High on my list would be Maestro City Grill and Roaring Forks.

Another more "local" place if Frasher's, it is not as fancy as the above places, but the food is as good/better.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Steak dinner

If entertaining a business associate then keep the novelty out and the 4 choices would be..Maestro's Scottsdale City Hall..... Donovans.... Mortons....Durants...the latter3 are located in Phoenix all excellent choices

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
906 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Steak dinner

Carl Hayden was actually a US Senator for most of his career. Monti's is interesting from an historic point of view but I don't think the food is all that great.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Steak dinner

Well, there you go - we all have different favorites (as on many subjects).

Ohio Travelingirl,

If your hubby is anything like mine and has to entertain and eat out a lot, they'll enjoy a unique type atmosphere with really good steaks. Maybe he could look at the web sites of the places we've suggested and choose the one that appeals to him and his associates. I hope they have a wonderful meal and achieve their goals. Good luck.

9. Re: Steak dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale