We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottsdale stadium, bleacher seats w/"obstructive view"??

San Francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Topic
Scottsdale stadium, bleacher seats w/"obstructive view"??

Can anyone who's been to this stadium tell me exactly what the obstruction is? I went to purchase tix on giants website and the seats that came up were bleachers but then underneath that it read in red letters, "obstructive view".

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scottsdale stadium, bleacher seats w/"obstructive view"??

The bleachers there are located along right and left field foul lines.. I've sat in right field a couple of times and am hard pressed to think of any obstructions unless it's new this coming season.

There are no bleachers beyond the outfiled fences, just some lawn seating.

Also keep in mind the size/scale of the stadium. The bleachers are not far removed from the field. Those seats would be considered premium by the standars of a regulation sized MLB venue.

Also keep in mind that it's a fairly loose atmosphere, lote of folks just walking around the park, moving around..so you might not find yourself glued to those seats.

It;s a cool place...go and enjoy!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scottsdale stadium, bleacher seats w/"obstructive view"??

I agree with Bob1717. It's a good stadium to see a game. I can't think of any obstructions.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scottsdale stadium, bleacher seats w/"obstructive view"??

Thanks for the feedback. One more inquiry. Lawnseats. I see a fence with advertisements on it. So, I've been told to get there early to secure a good seat. I'm thinking mid way up the lawn because I'm assuming sitting too close may obstruct my view? Any suggestions for lawn?

Boston
Level Contributor
117 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scottsdale stadium, bleacher seats w/"obstructive view"??

That's why I just buy SRO tickets. I used to search high and low for top shelf tickets, and would then find myself wandering around the stadium checking out the game from different vantage points. There's nothing like walking around with an ice cold beer just taking it all in. I find it much more enjoyable than worrying about the view from your seats or racing the crowd to the outfield lawn seating to grab the best piece of land. But that's just me.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scottsdale stadium, bleacher seats w/"obstructive view"??

The lawn at most of these places is something of a free for all.

You can get there early, but it does not stop anyone from pitching right in front of you. It can be a mellow experience or an unpleasant one based on type of crowd, level of drinking, etc.

Green Bay
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Scottsdale stadium, bleacher seats w/"obstructive view"??

We sat in the right field bleacher seats that were considered "obstructive". They have the walk way on the end of each row and a higher banister is in place. So when you are sitting on the bleachers it somewhat obstruct your view. I did not find it that obstructive only at times. I am a shorter person though.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Scottsdale stadium, bleacher seats w/"obstructive view"??

@ Vacagreenbay - thanks! That does make sense now. It is nice for them to forewarn rather than waiting to get there and being disappointed. But it doesn't sound like a big ordeal. Thanks again for the feedback.

8. Re: Scottsdale stadium, bleacher seats w/"obstructive view"??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale