We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?

Myself, husband and 8 yr old daughter will be in phoenix/scottsdale 3/26 thru 4/2. We are kind of hotel snobs so any suggestions? I'm not sure of the Phoenician due to some negative reviews. Anyone been to Sheraton Wild Pass? The Biltmore and Fairmont were booked. Also my daughter and I will be alone for 4 of those days while husband is at a conference at other hotel, so take that into consideration. Look forward to hearing your suggestions.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?

what do you mean by hotel snobs? The Westin Kierland is excellent - as is JW Marriott.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?

The Phoenician is fine. Some people just like to complain about every little thing. It is a bit expensive, but is an outstanding, luxurious hotel/resort that is worth the money. I will guarantee you that you will not have trouble finding things to do at this resort. They have 9 outdoor pools (1 is a kiddie pool), a hot tub, health club/spa, jogging track, tennis courts, and other recreational activities. I would definitely check this place out.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?

I agree-the Westin Kierland and JW Marriott are both excellent places to stay too and are probably a bit more up-to-date than the Phoenician.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?

What I meant as a hotel snob, is that our room is important to us and don't mind paying a little extra. I get nervous when people say rooms are a bit dated and musky.

Unfortunately, the Westin Kierland was sold out and I hadn't looked into the JW Marriot. We do have points to get 2 nights at the Starwood property The Phoenecian and then would pay the other 6.