We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental Oct. 6-20, 2012

Powell River, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental Oct. 6-20, 2012

My girlfriend and myself, both seniors will be flying into Phoenix on Oct. 6, staying in Scottsdale for 1 week, driving up to Sedona, staying there for 1 week and then driving over to Las Vegas to visit her daughter and then fly out from Las Vegas back to BC, Canada. My girlfriend has an account with Avis. Does anyone know if we can use the same car rental to do the whole trip and what it might cost. does anyone have any suggestions on the most reasonable way to make this happen.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental Oct. 6-20, 2012

Quote: "My girlfriend has an account with Avis. Does anyone know if we can use the same car rental to do the whole trip and what it might cost."

I suggest you contact Avis. They would be the best ones to tell you how much they'll charge.

Be aware that one way rentals often have steep drop off fees. Your best bet is to shop around, and perhaps even rent a car off site from the airport. If you're a member of Costco or AAA, they often have good deals on rentals, as well.

Also, if you do a search on the Arizona or Phoenix forum for "car rental", you'll find lots of threads with other tips.

Edited: 31 January 2012, 05:17
Powell River, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental Oct. 6-20, 2012

Thank you for your tips. I belong to Costco.

3. Re: Car rental Oct. 6-20, 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale