We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casual dining with teens

franklin lakes, nj
Level Contributor
384 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
casual dining with teens

Hello,

We will be in Scottsdale for 6 days and are looking for casual places to bring the kids - one night fancy - my daughter appreciates nice ambiance - but my son could care less. We are staying at the Fire Sky Kimpton.

Thanks

Cheryl

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: casual dining with teens

cherrus...

there are many restuarants in the area. a few i might suggest would be grimaldi's pizza (we were there just last night...best dog gone pizza in town, imo). at scottsdale rd. & 1st ave.

the yard house and grand lux cafe...both in the fashion square mall.

tommy v's for italian. great place at brown & indian school. this could be your 'fancy'.

many, many more....but these are a great start!

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: casual dining with teens

another fancy place you might want to consider...just west of old the old town area would be t. cook's in the royal palms on camelback rd.

Edited: 23 February 2012, 21:00
Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casual dining with teens

Look at the Roaring Fork across Scottsdale Rd from your hotel, also Daily Dose is south on Scottsdale, south of Indian School, awesome happy hour appetizers/entrees, very popular. Paradise Bakery is now open on Indian School, just west of Scottsdale Rd.

The first one listed above is casual, but the food is pricier and the ambiance at RF is great. The other two are very casual, and prices geared lower as well.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: casual dining with teens

Carlsbad Tavern might be a place that kids would like.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: casual dining with teens

azfan...

i'd be surprised if the new paradise bakery will make it. the place is huge (the old fuddruckers)...do you know if they're offering something different than the fashion square location?

we love carslbad tavern...but it is spicy spicy. not sure if a kid could handle it unless they love it hot. another mexican place (which i don't really recommend, but you might like it) would be frank & lupe's. it's what i'd call run of the mill sonoran mexican. los olivos has been hit and miss lately...but is another mexican option in the old town area.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: casual dining with teens

The new Paradise Bakery has a full menu selection, i don't think they do at Fashion Square. I've been there a couple time already and it is always busy, so i am hopeful it will be permanent there. It does not feel uncomfortably huge, they have two separate eating areas. Service is good and friendly and we need a comfortable sandwich/salad place like this downtown (and seriously, the cookies are truly my favorite).

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: casual dining with teens

azfan....

couldn't agree more regarding a sandwich place in the area. we'll be stopping there soon. i think we'd prefer it to a food court setting ;-)

Edited: 24 February 2012, 08:15
Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: casual dining with teens

You mention if you'd have a car, but this recommendation can be reached using Light Rail also. The Hard Rock Cafe is located downtown Phoenix. That's usually a hit with teens. They like to collect their tee shirts at different locates. Here is a web site giving you directions.

hardrock.com/locations/…

Have a wonderful vacation!

This location is near Chase Field in case you choose to attend a Diamondbacks game (baseball).

Edited: 25 February 2012, 22:47
franklin lakes, nj
Level Contributor
384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: casual dining with teens

I did read about Roaring Fork on a few other posts, so I think we will try that place and we do like spicy so Carlbad Tavern sounds good too.

We have been to several Hard Rocks and Grand Lux - thank yhou for those recommendations, but I would prefer not to go to chain restaurants that we have access to - always like to try one of a kind places.

We live in NJ - and have been to the original Patsy's Grimaldis. Great Place.

Cheryl

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: casual dining with teens

if you're interested in non-chain, local asian:

www.noodlesranch.com nice little viet place. very casual and good.

since you say you like it spicy (not sure you know what you're getting yourself into at carlsbad...lol): http://www.maleesthaibistro.com/ we haven't been there in a while...but always love it.

trying to keep you close to where you're staying. are you planning on venturing around?

btw...we've also been to the patsy's under the bridge ...as well as arturo's in the west village....love 'em both!