We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland
Level Contributor
346 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

Coming to the area mid-June with my daughter who wants a relaxing 4 days in the sun. She lives in the Seattle area and has been working very hard! This is her vacation for the year.

We stayed at The Royal Palms last year, which we both enjoyed, although the weekend we were there in May, the pool was very crowded.

We don't want a noisy pool scene and don't need a spa, but we would like it to be luxurious and pampering.

Our original intent had been to go to Cabo but the G20 eliminated that option. The service in Mexico is always great, something that would be nice to have for this get-away.

I've looked at the Sanctuary, Canyon Suites, Four Seasons and Royal Palms (again) but without conclusion.

I don't want to sound like we're divas (or she a diva in training), just that this is a special time for us and I'd like to have as few issues as possible.

Thanks so much for any help! Other options would certainly be considered.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
641 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

She might enjoy The W (except for the pool issue)...and I would endorse Sanctuary without hesitation, as well as the Four Seasons (neither pool will resemble the W). May and June are completely different in terms of weather and crowds, especially early may and late June. Can't imagine you would have a repeat of the crowds if you went back to Royal Palms (but it is smaller overall).

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

For pampering and the best pool service in the valley, definitely Four Seasons. And it is removed from the hustle of the rest of the valley. If you want a day for shopping and dining, head south to Scottsdale Quarter and Kierland Commons for some amazing shopping that a 24 year old will love.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

There's an adult pool at the Phoenican that sits next to a duck pond and is a pretty good set up for relaxing.

Four Seasons also a good choice.

If you were of a mind to go somewhat further south( about two hours), the Ritz Carlton at Dove Mountain is a great property in a vert serene setting.

Oakland
Level Contributor
346 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

I'll take a look at the Ritz. It wasn't something I'd considered.

Does the heat vary considerably, May to mid-June. This is beginning to concern me.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

Not much of a variation...hot and hotter.

Oakland
Level Contributor
346 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

Oh boy.

Temecula, California
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
533 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

You want relaxing, pampering, nice pool without the "scene". Your choices of Royal Palms, Canyon Suites, Sanctuary, and Four Seasons are all good ones. But you are also a little concerned about the heat.

During June/July it is going to be hot, this is Arizona. But it is also not humid. Aside from that here is my take:

Royal Palms, you have visited. And since you are considering it again, you must have liked it....except for the pool. Very nice resort, but very small pool, it doesn't take long for it to feel crowded. Take it off the list.

Canyon Suites, very nice but part of the Phoenician. Which though it is very nice, it is not quiet or serene. The service is nice, but the focus of this resort is more towards conventions.

Sanctuary, is very nice. Beautiful pool. But mixed reviews on service. And the rooms (except for the spa suites) are showing their age.

Four Seasons, consistently ranked in the top three in Arizona on every "list" imaginable. And usually in the Top 100 for the U.S. (Conde Nast, Travel & Liesure, Robb Report, Forbes, etc.) No other resort in Scottsdale makes all of the lists. And the one rating that FS always ranks highest on is service. Of all the resorts you list it is the newest and has already undergone a multi-million dollar remodel. All rooms are casita style, so there are virtually no adjoining walls. So you don't here any plumbing noises or voices from other rooms. The rooms are very large with large bathrooms, amazing amenities, patios or balconies and great views. The food at all on site restaurants is top notch. My favorite is sitting on the patio outside the Onyx bar at sunset. While I'm on that, in regards to your heat concern. FS is situated 1000' higher than the valley floor where all of the other resorts you are considering are. This makes a significant change in the heat, breeze, and view. The pool is exactly what you are looking for. There is an adults only pool with cabanas with misters that are complimentary. (Cabanas at the other resorts have to be reserved and there is a fee) The service at the pool is where the resort really shines. Chaise set up with towel and terry cover, a pitcher of ice water (constantly refilled), complimentary snacks throughout the day, food/drink service, etc. And during the time that you are visiting, no resort in the valley discounts their rates like FS does. Rooms that go for up to $500, will be $149 during your stay. Unless you have to be right in town (which is the opposite of relaxing) then there is no choice that fits your list better than FS. We have reservations for 10 days at the end of July for our 8th year in a row. As I suggest to everyone who visits this forum, check out the traveler photos on each resorts page here to get a better feel for what each really looks like and has to offer.

Enjoy.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

Sounds like the Four Seasons would meet your needs best. It's beautiful, quiet and pampering and would make a perfect mother daughter getaway. Totally agree with stuckintraffic about the pool service. They bring around complimentary chilled towels and fruit infused drinks to guests around the pool. The staff bends over backward to ensure every guest has an amazing experience. And the rates are amazing that time of year.

Oakland
Level Contributor
346 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

Thank you all so very much for your help with this.

I'm very grateful for the thought and consideration that went into your posts.

For an Arizona getaway in June, it appears The Four Seasons is most certainly the way to go!

10. Re: Luxe, Quiet Resort WIth 24 YO Daughter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:41