We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer selection in Scottsdale?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Beer selection in Scottsdale?

Can anyone recommend a supermarket or liquor store in Scottsdale (near old town would be great but not necessary) where I might be able to find a wide selection of beer and maybe some good imports (like German wheat beer)? I'd like to bring these back to the hotel to keep in the mini fridge and have on the balcony! Mmmmm, I can taste the deliciousness already!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer selection in Scottsdale?

Fry's Grocers has an especially varied selection and there is one at the NE corner of Indian School and Miller Roads, you will find good prices there too.

Just north, up the street on Miller (south of Camelback) is a Sunflower Market, which is a smaller store, many natural offerings/snacks, but they offer some selections from smaller and local breweries as well

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer selection in Scottsdale?

Papago Brewing Co. at Scottsdale Road and McDowell has a HUGE (and amazing) selection of beers to take home or in your case to the hotel. You can make mix and match 6 packs with beers from all over the world. And, if your thirsty you can grab a beer on tap (30 choices) as you peruse the massive selection of take home beers. I recommend the Orange Blossom Wheat they brew themselves. Yum.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer selection in Scottsdale?

Wow guys, thanks for the great info!

Cheers!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer selection in Scottsdale?

I second a visit to Papago Brewing....it's a different kind of place.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer selection in Scottsdale?

Does Papago have reasonable prices if I want to pick up a case (24) to go? Or should I try somewhere else for this?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer selection in Scottsdale?

For easy and convenient, try the Circle K at 68th St. and Indian School Rd. Not only beer, but a very good selection of liqours.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer selection in Scottsdale?

Third Papago. Their house beers are also pretty good and change out regularly.

Temecula, California
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
533 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer selection in Scottsdale?

Also check out AJ's Fine Foods. They are a specialty market that has an amazing wine and beer selection. Lots of single bottle craft beers and a wide selection from around the world. There is one just up Scottsdale Blvd on Lincoln. It's about 3 miles from the center of Old Town. I highly recommend it. I do exactly the same thing when I am in Scottsdale, I will pick up a good variety and keep them in my hotel room. I am also a big fan of both German and Belgian wheats, and have gotten some of my favorites at AJ's.

Such as Weihenstephan (my all-time favorite), Ayinger, Erdinger, Paulaner, Kostritzer, St. Bernardus, and they have several others that I would like to try. They also have a great deli (soups, salads, and sandwiches) and a bakery. We also usually take back sandwiches, and pastries for the next morning. LOVE this place. Check it out.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer selection in Scottsdale?

If you want to order a complete case of something at Papago it is best to call Monday morning. We have Tuesday deliveries. Because of the large number of beers we carry, and limited cold space (we keep everything cold) we don't maintain a huge back inventory. One of the best deal people partake in is to join the Arizona Society of Homerewers ($25), we are a member of their discount program (along with many other places.) Our deal with them is if you get beer to go- Purchase an in-house food or beer and get 15% off on your beers to go!

10. Re: Beer selection in Scottsdale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 23:15