We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best larger-type resort?

Boston...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best larger-type resort?

We (two adults, no kids) will be in the Scottsdale area, for at least one week, in late September. We're leaning against a place like the Four Seasons, since my hubby wants more extensive pools, and perhaps a wider choice of restaurants, but he still wants something "high end" with excellent service. Does such a place exist? (We have already been to the Canyon Suites/Phoenician and Boulders, so we're looking for something different.)

We have thought about the Princess, JW Marriotts and Westin Kierland, but is there one that stands out? We will have a rental car, so the location doesn't matter as much as having a wonderful experience (excellent service, beautiful surroundings and accomodations, nice pools). We are open to suggestions, as long as they are in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area. Thanks for your time and advice!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,593 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best larger-type resort?

Strummer J, those you are looking at are wonderful resorts, definitely the top of the list. I might add the Hyatt Gainey Ranch, Montelucia and Sanctuary to your choices. The pools at the Hyatt are quite beautiful, gardens and water features. I am not a fan of the rooms (unless you upgrade they are on the dark and small side) but it is a lovely resort and close to everything in central and downtown Scottsdale. Sanctuary is very modern, trendy and has a lovely view, a great restaurant and also very central. I love the Camelback Inn for it's classic southwestern feel. The pool up at the spa is adults only, has a wonderful view of the mountain and serves until 4:00 (?) poolside or in the Sprouts Cafe right there.

2. Re: Best larger-type resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale
Recent Conversations