We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottsdale In Early November

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Ontario...
4 posts
Save Topic
Scottsdale In Early November

I will be travelling to Scottsdale in early November for around 5-6 days. I'm a single male, early 40's. During the day I will golf or hike. I'd appreciate recommendations for areas to stay that would be close to night life for someone my age. Sports bar, live music etc. Old Town?

Thanks!

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scottsdale In Early November

chris,

yes, old town is the place to be. near everything you're aking for.

this should be helpful: http://www.scottsdaledowntown.com/

Hamilton, Ontario...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scottsdale In Early November

Thanks Billy

What do you recommend for a casual, relaxed, easy going bar?

What is the Coach House like?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
218 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scottsdale In Early November

I think you are making a good choice with Old Town. Everything is walkable, so park you car and enjoy.

The Coach House is small, unpretentious and certainly relaxed and casual. You can't go wrong there, if that's what you are after.

When you are in the mood for something else, I'll offer these suggestions.

Sports Bars, try: Majerle's, Upper Deck or The Firehouse

Gastro Pub, try: Old Town Whiskey, The Praying Monk, FnB or Citizens Public House

Live Music/Country, try: The Rusty Spur (small but fun) or maybe The Old Town Tavern

Steak: Pink Pony or Mastro's

If/when you get bored in Old Town, get a taxi up to The Scottsdale Quarter/Kierland Commons. These are two shopping centers across the street from each other and have about 10-15 bars and restaurants combined.

All I can think of for now, but you can't go wrong with these.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scottsdale In Early November

chris,

as erick mentioned, the rusty spur is TINY...but very popular. it's very much a country and western kind of place.

i'm not a big fan of the coach house, but you may like it.

i'd suggest the yard house in the scottsdale fashion square. tons of beers...and great menu. many tv screens all over, as well.

there is another sports bar (i can't remember the name, even though i drive by it all the time...i must be getting old...lol) at miller rd. and camelback. (in the now sprouts anchored strip mall) southwest corner.

if you walk around the old town area, which i highly recommend, you'll stumble over all the bars and restaurants.

this should also be of help: scottsdaleaz.gov/downtown/Old_Town_Scottsdale

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scottsdale In Early November

Zipps is the place you're thinking of, Billy.

zippssportsgrills.com/index.php/…camelback

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scottsdale In Early November

the bells are ringing, john. i was thinking that was the name....but was too lazy to google/bing it...and didn't want to misstate the name.

congrats on being over 3,000, btw.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scottsdale In Early November

LOL

Thanks, all quality contributions as you can imagine.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scottsdale In Early November

I would add Brat Haus to the list. Great outdoor beer garden, fun atmosphere and good beer selection. Also, Blue 32 is another great sports bar just up the road from the old town area.

Hamilton, Ontario...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Scottsdale In Early November

Thanks for all the info everyone!

Cheers!

Hamilton, Ontario...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Scottsdale In Early November

Hi again!

Originally I was thinking of staying right in Old Town, but I am considering the Days Inn by the fashion square. It will save me considerable money that I can spend on golf and it looks like it is a short enough walk to Old Town.

Basically it has everything I'd need and I'd only be sleeping there anyway. Plus it is close to the Yard House which seems like a good place to watch Monday Night Football!

Any thoughts?

Cheers, and thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale