We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firesky Resort and Spa inquiry

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Firesky Resort and Spa inquiry

Good evening all.

I was hoping to get some information regarding the Firesky Resort an Spa in Scottsdale. I'm possibly looking to go there in the beginning of January.

1. Is there a resort fee? And if yes, what does it cover?

2. Is wi-fi available? It is available in rooms? Does it cost extra or is it covered in hotel/hotel fee?

3. I see the property is downtown Scottsdale. Is it within walking distance of any restaurants or would you recommend taking the free shuttle to nearby restaurants?

4. Did anyone have any safety issues with the hotel? I will be traveling alone and need to make sure I'm in a secure location. I have visited Scottsdale twice before with no problems but wanted to make sure this hotel was safe as well.

5. Any continental breakfast offered? I

6. Any closeby grocery stores?

7. Do they offer shuttle to and from the airport?

Thanks in advance for everyone's expertise :)

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Firesky Resort and Spa inquiry

Hi angie1102, welcome to the forum! For the answers to your questions #1, 2, 5 and 7 i would suggest you ask the resort staff directly or see their website. Firesky is a very popular resort and in an excellent area for entertainment, shopping and dining.

3. Yes, within walking distance of downtown and Old Town sections, and i believe the hospitality trolley cycles up and down Scottsdale Road to assist you if needed. Right across the street is Roaring Fork, a very popular place with locals and visitors and Scottsdale Fashion Square is a couple blocks south that is filled with dining options.

4. No safety issues with the neighborhood, it is resort, restaurant, shopping, business and residential all within a few blocks.

6. Nearest grocery store is a Safeway, just east on Chaparral at Hayden Rd.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Firesky Resort and Spa inquiry

I second the comments of AZFan. I have never stayed at the Firesky, but used to have drinks there on Fridays. A really nice lobby.

Not sure about the hospitality trolley, but there are trollies every 15 minutes going through Downtown and Old Town. A station is just across from Fashion Square on the south side of Camelback.

The nightlife in Downtown/Old Town gets a bit rowdy at times, but Firesky is on the fringe.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Firesky Resort and Spa inquiry

We are staying here over new year and wondered if their are any good restaurants / bars that have good happy hours that are close by.

The hotel is not having anything going on for new year and wondered if their is anything good near that we can go to for new years eve ( just me and hubby )

Thanks in advance.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Firesky Resort and Spa inquiry

http://scottsdalesultimateblockparty.com/

I am not a NYE celebrator, but this is the biggest party in town, just south of Firesky. Not sure of your age range, but this party is geared to the young adults in 20-30's range i believe.

A great HH is at Daily Dose down on Scottsdale Road, RnR and RA Sushi. My favorite for the more mature set is at the classic El Chorro Restaurant right out on Lincoln Road. Also look at Roaring Fork across the street from your resort. The Yard House at Scottsdale Fashion Square offers some good deals too.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,394 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Firesky Resort and Spa inquiry

Cafe Lux, in Scottsdale Fashion Square, also has an excellent HH. The apps are half price, and the food is great. They also have various drink specials.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,394 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Firesky Resort and Spa inquiry

Forgot to add - you might want to post this as a separate thread. You'll generally get more responses that way.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Firesky Resort and Spa inquiry

Thank you for your tips, and yes I will post in a seperate thread.

8. Re: Firesky Resort and Spa inquiry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 16:16