We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New years eve advice

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New years eve advice

Hello , we are staying at The Firesky Resort on New years eve, I thought the hotel would have something going on for new year but it turns out they don't.

I am looking for advice and any good tips on what a couple in their late 30's can do on new years eve close to this hotel, we would like to be around a mature crowd if possible ( away from young drunken college kids ). We have never been to Arizona before.

Thanks in advance !

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,801 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New years eve advice

School will not be in session, so the local college students won't be around. There will be a lot of tourists in town for the bowl games, some of these will be college students.

That being said, here's the link to the block party in Old Town:

http://scottsdalesultimateblockparty.com/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New years eve advice

I'd also like recs for what to do in the Scottsdale area on New Year's Eve..we are a married couple in late 30s. I'm actually a Scottsdale native but I've been gone so long I have no idea what to do/where to go there. Is it too late to get dinner reservations? Any tips about what car service to use?

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,801 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New years eve advice

There are cabs everywhere in Old Town, no need for car service.

Since they are not having the Mill Ave Block Party this year, I would think the one in Old Town will be the largest celebration in the vicinity.

As far as restaurants, not sure. You'll want to call them individually for that info.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,634 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New years eve advice

BoxingJohn - I was under the impression that Tempe was still having a block party, just without the closed streets and admission fee? Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://tempeblockparty.com/

millavenue.com/entertainment-and-events/NewY…

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,801 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New years eve advice

Well, that's good news. I had thought since Tostitos was moving their party to the west side that there would not be one this year. Appreciate the info and correction!

I am confused about the admission though, the TempeBlockParty website says there is one, while the other site says there is not one.

Edited: 19 December 2012, 18:50
6. Re: New years eve advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale