We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife/cheap eats for late 30's couple in Scottsdale?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Nightlife/cheap eats for late 30's couple in Scottsdale?

DH of 15 years is going to Scottsdale for work in February and I'm tagging along + we're extending our stay to 7 nights! Woohoo! We'll be staying somewhere at a nice resort but his work hasn't booked it yet. Definitely getting a rental car though.

Our favorite thing to do on date nights, is go to our fave 3-4 bars, stopping at each one for half hour or so, for an appetizer and a drink or two. Just kind of wherever the night takes us kind of thing.

The bars we like have louder music, especialy love live music, but we're not into the meat market type of crowd, sleezy type of places, mid-upper 20's crowd and older is okay. Love crowded, happy places with lots going on, lots of people watching - we usually sit at the bar and get involved in conversation. LOVE Happy Hour!!

We also want to eat as cheap as possible while we're there, but not crappy cheap like Taco Bell or something. Especially love hole-in-the-wall type of places; we eat light and are perfectly happy splitting an entree and getting side salads.

I just know you guys have your favorite places that fit the bill just waiting to share! =)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
218 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife/cheap eats for late 30's couple in Scottsdale?

I like The Praying Monk for Happy Hour and good food. Also, try Culinary Dropout, a little more commercial but has good food. I also like The House Brasserie, which is a little tucked away on the west side of Main St., but has a good menu.

The Rusty Spur is a fun place. No food but has music nightly and a fun house band on Thurs-Sat. On that same line, try the Old Town Tavern who also has music most nights. Finally, I will throw one weird one in here, which is a Spanish restaurant named Pepin. On Fridays and Saturdays they have a flamenco show and salsa dancing.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife/cheap eats for late 30's couple in Scottsdale?

All of those sound amazing and exactly what I'm looking for, thank you!!

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife/cheap eats for late 30's couple in Scottsdale?

There are over 75 bars and restaurants within walking distance of each other in downtown Scottsdale so you're likely to come across ones that fit the bill. erickson gave some great suggestions. I would add AZ88, Brat Haus, Kazimierz, Coach House and the Grapevine to your list. Kaz and Coach House have live music most nights and the Grapevine is karaoke (and some of the best people watching in the valley).

If you want to venture out a little further one night head up to Cave Creek on a Wednesday or Friday night for awesome BBQ, great live music and LIVE bullriding.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife/cheap eats for late 30's couple in Scottsdale?

I know this post is a month old, but i have to agree with wormcreative above, i love the Brat Haus, great food and friendly service, now in the spot where Oreganos used to be, so some great history there and now some new memories to add to it. Also the Daily Dose is packed summer or winter, all day long, just a terrific place that gets it right, some amazing Happy Hour deals as well.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife/cheap eats for late 30's couple in Scottsdale?

We're leaving in 3 weeks for Scottsdale so old doesn't matter :) thanks for all the suggestions!!

6. Re: Nightlife/cheap eats for late 30's couple in Scottsdale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 05:16