We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel las vegas to scottsdale

jacksonville
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travel las vegas to scottsdale

Hi, I'm traveling with my husband and two boys (8 & 9) years old. We are from flat Florida so we are looking for fun adventure in a new area. Please let me know if we can do all this in 9 days, or if there is some better plan. We have the plane tickets booked into Vegas and out of Phoenix. We have to be in Scottsdale the last 4 night, other than that the trip is flexible.

Day 1 fly into Vegas...sleep vegas

Day 2 drive to zion

Day 3 Zion all day

Day 4 drive to Grand Canyon (South Rim) stay over on the canyon (I have reservations

Day 5 drive to Scottsdale

Day 6 Scottsdale

Day 7 horseback riding trip in scottsdale

Day 8 pink jeep tour in sedona (day trip sleep in scottsdale)

Day 9 fly home

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,204 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel las vegas to scottsdale

Consider one night at GCNP and two nights at Sedona. Less driving and probably even more fun. Have you checked on accommodations at GCNP yet?

jacksonville
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: travel las vegas to scottsdale

yes, we have reservations on the canyon

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,204 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel las vegas to scottsdale

Good on the GCNP reservation.

Your plan is doable. The drive from LV to Zion takes about 3 hours. Zion to GCNP takes about 5 hours so you'll want to leave early on day 4.

I understand that you have to be in Scottsdale, for whatever reason. It wouldn't be my favorite destination from now until around November.

Sedona as an option would save that long drive from Zion. I believe it has as much to offer as Zion in terms of beauty and activities.

www.visitsedona.com

…go.com/Travel/…

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel las vegas to scottsdale

I agree with RedRox. Stay in Sedona for the Jeep tour first. Also saves you backtracking.

From Zion take us9 to 89 and follow us89A from Kanab. Stop at Jacob Lake inn and buy cookies for you and the kids and stop at Marble Canyon and look for condors sitting under the bridge. (if you are lucky). Stop at Cameron Trading Post before entering GCNP.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel las vegas to scottsdale

Are you aware that you cannot drive onto Zion if you do not have a reservation at the lodge. However, there is a shuttle bus to take you on and back off. The lodge is a treat, though.

jacksonville
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: travel las vegas to scottsdale

thanks for all the great advice!!!

7. Re: travel las vegas to scottsdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 07:17