We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife world zoo or the Phoeniz zoo?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
Wildlife world zoo or the Phoeniz zoo?

which would be better for a 12 year old to visit. Will be there in August so will be a morning visit.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,904 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildlife world zoo or the Phoeniz zoo?

They are both good. Wildlife world zoo does have a water flume ride so that may be attractive to the 12 year old. Their aquarium is wonderful.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildlife world zoo or the Phoeniz zoo?

Thru Aug 31 PHX zoo is open 7a to 2p.........If one is a MEMBER they can get in at 6am......Never been to World Wildlife...PHX is NOT the best zoo I've seen. I think the Bronx Zoo in NYC is better, but I go there mostly to WALK. Even as a member, I pay extra to feed the giraffes...Very cool.

An advantage to World Wildlife (adult admission $29) is that it includes zoo and aquarium. Judging from maps, PHX Zoo has a more natural setting. Perhaps someone who has been to both can comment.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildlife world zoo or the Phoeniz zoo?

The Phoenix Zoo is considered a world-class zoo. Unllike many other famous zoos, our zoo allows you to see most of the animals in their natural setting rather than just penned up in a cage. You will see exotic animals there that you might never see again in your life, no matter what zoo you go to. If you like zoos, this one is for you!!!

Boston...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wildlife world zoo or the Phoeniz zoo?

If you ever have the time, you should think about driving to Camp Verde to visit the Out of Africa Wildlife Park. This place gives you an "up close and personal" experience with the animals. We have visited several times over past years and NEVER been disappointed!

When you get a chance, read the reviews and see if it fits the bill.

Recently, while staying in a hotel in Scottsdale, there were several families with kids lounging at a pool. They were all singing the praises of Out of Africa, and we agreed. It is a special place.

Have a great trip, and best wishes!

5. Re: Wildlife world zoo or the Phoeniz zoo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 07:23