We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairmont Princess Scottsdale room selection

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fairmont Princess Scottsdale room selection

We are planning a trip to Scottsdale in late November for work but adding a few days for vacation. There are several room types and different rates for room "views." I have a complimentary room upgrade to a suite and we would like a balcony and a beautiful view, what should we ask for? I have seen "lagoon view," "partial view" and "golf view." Most of the pictures on the website look as if all rooms look down on the pool. Thanks in advance for the help.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairmont Princess Scottsdale room selection

from your picture it looks like you are into golf so why not go with that?

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,353 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairmont Princess Scottsdale room selection

Not all of the rooms overlook the pool. Quite a few simply overlook either the golf course, or a sort of greenbelt area. I have no idea what a "partial view" room would be, though. If you look up the Princess on Google maps, and go to satellite view, you'll see what I mean, and you'll also see where the lagoon view rooms are located. IMHO, the golf course or lagoon view rooms would be best; pool view would be least desirable, since the Princess does attract a lot of families, and kids + pool = noise! The best thing to do, however, is to call the resort and request a room with a nice view in advance. They know which are the premium view rooms, and will generally do their best to accomodate you.

Enjoy your visit!

Edited: 31 October 2013, 04:10
ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairmont Princess Scottsdale room selection

Thanks Hummingbird, excellent suggestions. Agree, we are going to go for a golf course view.

4. Re: Fairmont Princess Scottsdale room selection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:20