We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do while in Scottsdale

Livingston, New...
Level Contributor
214 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do while in Scottsdale

We will be in Scottsdale the week of July 6th. I have two girls - 22 and 16. This is a rescheduled trip. We were originally going to Disney World (could not trade our timeshare back into a decent resort in Orlando). Needless to say, my daughters are both complaining that this trip is going to be the pits. Any suggestions for anything that may be somewhat exciting? They both like to shop, we can do a little a shopping but I do not want shopping to be the main focus of our trip. We are staying at the Sheraton Desert Oasis and will be renting a car. Also . . . I know it will be hot, but does it really feel that bad? I know it is not as humid as it is in New Jersey in the summer. Does that really make a difference? Thank you!

Main Street Arts District
Art Galleries, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Promenade
Architectural Buildings, Shopping Malls
11. Re: Things to do while in Scottsdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 22:32
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
533 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Things to do while in Scottsdale

Weather is always a tricky thing, but most likely it won't be too hot, and no, it doesn't really feel bad. Most of the restaurants have misting systems running and patio dining is still quite pleasant. Of course, we have hot, humid days too, so it's impossible to be sure.

Pools are a good option. Shopping in Old Town in the summer used to be a string of sales...locals like me used to use the opportunity to pick up Native American art at low prices...but I haven't had time to shop downtown recently so I can't say whether that practice is still used by the shopkeepers.

As people have mentioned, we have several good museums. Butterfly Wonderland is not for everyone I suppose, but of the people I know personally who have been to it, all have enjoyed it.

Arbroath, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Things to do while in Scottsdale

WE'll be there the 2 weeks before you - I am expecting it to be really hot - but stilling hoping to make a good vacation out of it. Hoping to arrange a horse back riding trail (they start early morning mind you) as they get good reviews even in mid summer. Also planning a pink jeep all day tour to the Grand Canyon. We're hoping to do an ATV trip as well. My plan is to get my kids up early (they're 12 and 14 so not quite as old as yours but I still imagine it'll be fun trying to get them out of their beds!) and do activities early and then spend afternoons exploring shopping malls or by the pool. It is different for us as we are from UK and everything in the US is an experience for us - but think it'll be fun.

14. Re: Things to do while in Scottsdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale