We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premium Outlet mall or Outlets at Anthem?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Premium Outlet mall or Outlets at Anthem?

Will be in Scottsdale for a week this August and wanted to hit one outlet mall while there. Don't mind the heat but which of these malls is better Premium Outlets or Outlets at Anthem? Pros and Cons for each? Thanks

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
662 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premium Outlet mall or Outlets at Anthem?

Both are good malls, your preference will probably depend on what stores you like to shop at so I would suggest looking at the stores included and deciding which has more stores you like.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1,335 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premium Outlet mall or Outlets at Anthem?

Last year we found that half of the shops in Anthem were closed & enjoyed visiting the new Premium Outlet mall.

United States
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Premium Outlet mall or Outlets at Anthem?

We spent 3 years wintering in Anthem and the mall had fewer stores every year. Being in Scottsdale, you're a lot closer to the Premium Outlet mall.

There is another mall down by Casa Grande, just off of I-10, which is a little farther but you don't have to drive thru metro Phoenix.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,376 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premium Outlet mall or Outlets at Anthem?

I'll agree that as outlet malls go, Anthem is less than stellar. I understand that Casa Grande is an improvement, but cant speak from personal experience. The best I've ever ever seen is Cabazon, just west of Palm Springs CA.

Bottom line though is, what company stores do you like to shop? Go on line to the shopping center sites and look for the companies that you prefer. For instance, I shop for Haggar brand clothing and I like Ecco shoes. If the mall doesn't have those stores, I don't need to go.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
930 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premium Outlet mall or Outlets at Anthem?

"There is another mall down by Casa Grande, just off of I-10, which is a little farther but you don't have to drive thru metro Phoenix."

One would be hard pressed to get from Scottsdale to Casa Grande without driving through the Phoenix metropolitan area since you would be in it to start out with.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 23:58
United States
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Premium Outlet mall or Outlets at Anthem?

How about "less of metro Phoenix", since the metro area goes almost all the way to Anthem.

7. Re: Premium Outlet mall or Outlets at Anthem?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale