We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Los Abrigados hotel

Minneapolis...
6 posts
Save Topic
Help with Los Abrigados hotel

We are coming for our first visit there for 2 nights in early November after two nights in flagstaff and our last night at Jerome grand.

I've read all the reviews numerous times on this hotel. For us a couple...we want to be close to many things and not have to do much driving. We will do a little hiking and maybe a ufo tour but will mostly want to do a lot of relaxing the two nights there. I like the idea of the grounds and location of this hotel. We were also looking at best western plus and matterorn....however....the nights at Los Abrigados in 266 with all taxes and the 20 resort fee included...best western for a second floor room is 400 and the Matterhorn is still at 350ish...hence we were leaning here. Thanks for any feedback

Mentioned in this post
Jerome
Jerome
Arizona
Los Abrigados Resort and Spa
Los Abrigados Resort and...
1,166 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Matterhorn Inn
Matterhorn Inn
705 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
7 replies to this topic
Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Los Abrigados hotel

I haven't actually stayed at the hotel, but I've been to events here, and I love the grounds of the hotel. I've also been to lunches here, and sitting on the patio at lunch is very nice. It's a little south of Sedona, but it would be convenient to everything.

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,790 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Los Abrigados hotel

You can't beat the location of LA. It's central to everything and walkable to Tlaquepaque. Odds are you'll use a car to go anywhere else. But I'd choose LA for sure.

Minneapolis...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Los Abrigados hotel

Redrox....thanks for your help. We are also considering the bell rock inn too. Any feedback on that realize that is more in oak creek village but seems there's still a few bars and restaurants to walk through and maybe the views are better and it's more relaxing?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,790 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Los Abrigados hotel

There's no wrong choice, however LA is more central and convenient to everything.

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
189 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Los Abrigados hotel

We stayed a week at LA and loved it last April. It is an easy walk to many restaurants, or a quick drive to a lot more. I recommend that you get a room on the second floor, however, as it will be quieter and have more luck with views.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Los Abrigados hotel

We stayed at Los Abrigados a few years ago. At the time the floors were mainly wooded creating a lot of noise for people in the lower unit. You might want to inquire as to whether this is still the case. The grounds were nice and this was our only concern.

Mentioned in this post
1,166 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Los Abrigados hotel

We go to Sedona at least once a year, and we always try to stay at Los Abrigados. We usually try to get a ground floor, just to keep from having to lug luggage up flights of stairs ( no elevators). We have never had any problems with noise from the unit above us. The unite have always been comfortable, and the grounds are really nice. It is so relaxing to be able to walk right down to the park area on the banks of Oak Creek and enjoy the solitude and hear the peaceful flow of the creek.

And, yeah, the location can't be beat. You will definitely be using your car a lot, but if you enjoy some relaxed walking, there are a lot of galleries, shops, and restaurants within walking distance. And being right next to Tlaquepaque is a real bonus.

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
1,166 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Reply to: Help with Los Abrigados hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted