We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from phoenix to sedone

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Valley, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
driving from phoenix to sedone

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to see along the way driving from Phoenix to Sedona?

we are going in August.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,473 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving from phoenix to sedone

There's really not much to see along the way. Sedona is the destination and it's about a 2 hour drive. One popular stop about 1/2 hour before Sedona is Montezuma's Castle. This is an historic cliff dwelling site and is only about 5 minutes off of I-17. Allow a good 45 minutes to an hour to see it though.

Long Valley, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving from phoenix to sedone

Thank you so much, My cousin was telling me about a ghost town to stop at but I think she may have described it as coming from Flagstaff. We appreciate your help.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
936 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving from phoenix to sedone

That is Jerome. It is near Cottonwood which is 18 miles south of Sedona. I would go there after you are settled in Sedona and go there in the late morning, have lunch, see the shops and history of the area.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,486 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving from phoenix to sedone

There is also Rock Springs Cafe off of I-17 near Black Canyon City. It is a historical stage coach stop (100+years) that serves traditional coffee shop food in an authentic old west setting. The pies are legendary.

5. Re: driving from phoenix to sedone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 18:21