We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sedona summit construction??

New York
Level Contributor
461 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
sedona summit construction??

Has anyone stayed at the Sedona Summit recently? I am trying to exchange my week there, but there is a warning that there is construction going on from 7:00 am and it is very noisy. I am trying to ask the resort too, but I would like an independent opinion.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,097 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sedona summit construction??

Haven't stayed there, but I've been there. The only remaining construction is adjacent to the newest buildings. Noise is not an issue. You won't even be aware of the construction activity unless you're fortunate enough to be in one of the newset units. And if you have a choice, you should request one of the newest units. They are really nice!

New York
Level Contributor
461 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sedona summit construction??

Thank you for the information. I just called the Sedona Summit and they replied that construction is supposed to end June 30 ( I am planning on going mid June) and that only the newest units will be impacted. I am not sure if I want to take the chance as the main reason for the vacation was relaxation

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
60,097 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sedona summit construction??

Sedona is all about relaxation. But to be honest, you can relax more by getting out and away from your condo. Take a short hike or a drive to a scenic spot and sit and relax there. If you spend all of your time 'relaxing' in your hotel room or condo, you'll miss the best of Sedona, and you'll miss out on what might be the most relaxing place in the world to vacation.

Benicia, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sedona summit construction??

Redrox,

I have the same question posed on this thread, about construction at Sedona Summit, etc.

I have a unit ON HOLD right now, through an RCI exchange, and all research tells me everything will be great. It's for 11 months from now. Since there are so many units available at this point, do you think it's because they just finished constructing some?

Any advice from a local? I think I'll confirm it tonight, but just wanted to check. We've been to Sedona twice before and love it, but never for a whole week. Any advice on that particilar place is appreciated.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
60,097 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sedona summit construction??

Keep your reservation. Sedona Summit is the best TS in town IMHO, and the construction is a minor inconvenience. It will probably be done by next year anyway.

Benicia, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sedona summit construction??

thanks RedRox - this helps. I've stayed at BellRock and Los Abrigados in the past. Not very satisfied with those places. Looking forward to Sedona Summit and hoping all the construction is done by then and we get a new unit!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
60,097 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sedona summit construction??

Whether you get a new unit or not, you'll still like the Summit better than LA or BR

8. Re: sedona summit construction??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 01:17