We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky Ranch lodge or Best Western Arroyo Roble

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sky Ranch lodge or Best Western Arroyo Roble

I can't find any reviews on the Sky Ranch lodge. I saw their website though.

What is the differences? There's about a $100 a night price difference in the 2 places.

I already have the best western Arroyo Roble booked.

Is the Sky Ranch lodge just as nice?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sky Ranch lodge or Best Western Arroyo Roble

Make sure your BW room is not on the street side. We tried to stay there but the only room left was...right. I would want to stay at the Sky Ranch Lodge. We actually did not stay (we stayed at the Matterhorn Inn) but Sky Ranch has a great location.

I have nothing against BW though. We often stay and I'm a GCC member since 1994 but this is just my inbiased advice.

Tet

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,049 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sky Ranch lodge or Best Western Arroyo Roble

They are 2 entirely different types of motels. Many people prefer the convenience of BWAR being located in Uptown, for walking to shops and restaurants. In contrast, others prefer to be away from that and love the location and views from the airport mesa at Sky Ranch.

Think of the BWAR as more of a typical highway chain motel. The SR is more of a quaint 'mom & pop' kind of place.

Personally I think the SR is a better value for the $, and that's what I would choose, like Tet14.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
250 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sky Ranch lodge or Best Western Arroyo Roble

I LOVED Sky Ranch lodge. it is far from the road but you cannot beat the price and we had a fantastic unobstructed view. It was quiet at night (except for the coyotes!) Our room was large and had a fireplace. I also remember their gift shop was a fraction of the price as other shops in town.

4. Re: Sky Ranch lodge or Best Western Arroyo Roble

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 02:15