We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pink Jeep sold out. Next best choice?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
4 posts
Save Topic
Pink Jeep sold out. Next best choice?

I tried reserving a Broken Arrow tour based on all the positive comments. Unfortunately, they are all booked the times I will be there.

Can someone else recommend another jeep company? I have read a couple other comments, and they seem across the board. Ideally, I would like something that has the bumps and thrills of the Pink Jeep tour. Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,081 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pink Jeep sold out. Next best choice?

Pink Jeep owns the rights to the Broken Arrow trail so no other company will be able to take you on that particular ride. But if you ask for a similar experience they can all offer somrthing. Pink Jeep also has plenty of other trips, but for an aternative try Red Rock Jeep Tours or A Day in the West.

And other travelers should note the value of making advance reservations.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pink Jeep sold out. Next best choice?

You might look into their ancient ruins tour. Its my personal favorite and they will take you to some lesser known sites with pictographs (native americans etched these designs into stone).

GA
Level Contributor
557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pink Jeep sold out. Next best choice?

When are you going.I went last May and was able to get a resveration for the next day when I got there.Sorry you cant get pink jeep broken arrow tour

California
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pink Jeep sold out. Next best choice?

Thanks everyone for your response:

RedRox - Yes, I underestimated the popularity of Pink Jeep. However, if we're just looking for an off road experience, perhaps we can find an alternative and save some money at the same time.

dragonflylady - Does the Ancient Ruins tour have the same 4x4 thrills as the Broken Arrow tour?

Goofy#4 - I was planning to be there the end of this month. I'm really a planner-type, so I'm not sure if I can go to Sedona without something already reserved.

I'm going to call A Day in the Life and see what they have to offer. Thanks again for everyone's advice!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pink Jeep sold out. Next best choice?

yeah it does in some parts but not as much. The views are still great though.

new jersey
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pink Jeep sold out. Next best choice?

We booked for the end of the month with Sedona Offroad Adventures. They are Hummer tours that look to be comparable to Pink Jeep. We chose them because they are forward facing and will be easier on my husband's back. Check out the website...they too go offroad and the woman was extremely helpful. Good luck.

Bay Area
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pink Jeep sold out. Next best choice?

From looking at their website, I had thought that it was not necessary to reserve a Pink Jeep Tour. It sounded as though they sort of add them as needed.

NinerJ, I'm just wondering--are you going on a weekend? Maybe that makes the tours fill up faster??

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,081 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pink Jeep sold out. Next best choice?

caligirl,

Like any other business, the jeep companies do have a limited inventory of vehicles and driver/guide employees. They need to be scheduled. They aren't just sitting around waiting for customers to walk in. They do have the advantage of experience and try to anticipate high and low traffic patterns for tourism, but they can do a better job if they have advance reservations.

9. Re: Pink Jeep sold out. Next best choice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 16:18