We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

We will be in Sedona for a couple of days on our Arizona vacation in July. We plan to eat the first night in town at Wildflower Bread Co., and had originally planned on the second night at the Cowboy Club. I inquired about reservations, and they said they don't take them for Cowboy Club, only Silver Saddle and Barking Frog. She advised me to get there early, and at 5:00 often there already is a wait!! We will have a full day's activity that day with Pink Jeep, Slide Rock and West Fork Trail hike, so don't want to rush to get back for a 5:00 dinner! Can anyone recommend a great place for dinner for a family with three teenagers, without breaking the bank? (Cowboy Club would have come close!)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,473 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

I would still go to the Cowboy Club. Just plan on waiting. they make it convenient by giving you a remote pager. Go whenever you like, put your name on the list and then go do some shopping or exploring in the Uptown shopping district. The CC is in the heart of that area so you can wander a couple of blocks in any direction. As you siad, you don't want to rush, so just plan to walk a little while before your table is ready.

If that doesn't work, then Barking Frog would be a good second choice.

And the other place is where I went last night, Elote Cafe. Their seating is more limited than Cowboy Club, and they were busy for a Thursday night, but the food is fabulous! It's mostly mexican, but not a typical mexican menu. Forget tacos, burritos, etc. Think more southwest. I had snapper and my friend had the pork. Both dishes were outstanding. And the appetizer that was recommended could have been a meal by itself.

Virginia
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

Thank you so much for the tip about the pagers! I will keep the Cowboy Club in mind now, as i have repeatedly heard this is a "must"!! You are a wonderful resource, RedRox!

Virginia
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

Anyone else have suggestions for dining with teenagers in case the wait is too long (4th of July week!) or a little out of budget?

scottsdale
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

Cafe Elote was on the expensive side. We didn't stay it was not what we were expecting. Ask your jeep guide they usually know where to go. We ate once at Red Rock BBQ close to uptown no beer or wine, but the burgers and pulled pork were great and not to pricey.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,473 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

Just to give a little better insight about Cafe Elote. When I went there last week, dinner for the two of us including appetizer and drinks was $64. That's not bad for a very good restaurant in Sedona.

new jersey
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

If you're looking for something casual, we took our kids to Picazzos. Great atmosphere with outdoor dining as well. Gourmet pizza and good salads. Shouldn't break the bank but also very different than Cowboy Club. They had an hour and a half wait when we just visited. Good luck!

MA
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

Go to Heartline Cafe. They take reservations, and one of you must order the Trout! The menu is pretty comprehensive, and the service is excellent!

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

For teenagers I second Picasso's where they have a great variety of pizza and also salads, especially if the Cowboy Club doesn't work out.

I know you asked about dinner, but for lunch you might try Sedona Memories uptown near the Pink Jeep Tour. It is small and busy with limited seating inside, but has wonderful sandwiches on homemade bread.

Virginia
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

Thanks Kate410! I think we'll do Pizza Picazzo and salads one of the night we are there. Great reviews, and my kids would love it! We'll be having dinner at the Turquoise Room in Winslow one night, and they can get their steak fix then!! And thanks for the suggestion on Sedona Memories. We may pick up a to-go order before heading to the Grand Canyon. Do you know how early they open?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,473 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sedona restaurant recommendations please!

Sedona Memories opens at 11AM and closes at 2PM. Sometimes they close earlier if they run out of their fresh baked bread.